Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Information Technology Intern (Fall 2019) with Chicago Fire Soccer Club in Bridgeview, IL
Chicago Fire Soccer Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeview, IL
Title: IT Intern
Reports To: IT Manager
The Information Technology Intern will report directly to the Information Technology Manager. This position is responsible for assisting with the daily upkeep of the Chicago Fire/Toyota Park data and telecom networks with a specific focus on providing support to the venue on event days. The Information Technology Intern will also be charged with setting up and maintaining computer hardware and software. Listed below are the responsibilities and qualifications expected of this position.
- Assist in setting up telecom and data connections for Chicago Fire
- Assist with troubleshooting server, network, desktop hardware, printer and software issues
- Assist with event execution; responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pre-event set-up (technology needs, broadcast and internet connections, etc.)
- Assist with technology needs and issues during the event
- Audio/Visual assistance
- Post-event tear-down and cleanup
- Assist with setting up workstation and telecom needs for all employees
- Assist with the completion of projects supporting the execution plan of the IT Department
- Implement facility rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Handle additional administrative duties related to the IT Department as assigned by the IT Manager to include such items as research and development of new IT initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be eligible to receive course credit for internship.
- Students should be pursuing experience in information technology, communications, sports management or a related field.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision; must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively work with a large and diverse population.
- Fluency in a second language is preferred.
- Must be able to operate under extreme deadlines.
- Must be able to work 20-30 hours per week.
- Must be willing to work long hours, irregular schedules and weekends.
- Must be able to work all home Chicago Fire games
- Must have knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Windows OS and office
- Knowledge of MAC OS and server platforms is a plus
- May be asked occasionally to travel to remote Chicago office
How did you hear about this job?