Human Resources Specialist - Chicago Fire Football Club (Chicago · IL)
Chicago Fire Football Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Human Resources: Human Resources/Recruiting
Chicago Fire Football Club is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of football. Founded in 1997, and competing in Major League Soccer, Chicago Fire won its first championship in its debut season and was foundational in the careers of several current MLS coaches and players, as well as International and UEFA Champions League coaches.
Under new ownership, the Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the company in the coming years.
Chicago Fire Football Club is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a Human Resources Specialist to join our team! This individual will report to the Director of People and Talent and work collaboratively with the Human Resources team to provide the necessary support to Club personnel. The primary responsibilities for this individual will lay in the following functional areas: recruiting, employee onboarding, human resources information system management, report generation and HR compliance.
- Manage the full life cycle of the Club’s recruitment process including but not limited to creating job descriptions, posting and advertising CFFC’s job openings, sourcing resumes, pre-screening applicants, forming interview panels, scheduling and conducting interviews, creating offer letters and effectively collaborating with hiring managers to properly fill roles in a timely manner.
- Partner with the Human Resources team to create content for and manage the new hire onboarding sessions. Conduct onboarding sessions for new employees entering the Club.
- Initiate the benefit enrollment process for new hires and qualifying events.
- Maintain the human resource information system to ensure employee data is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Compile weekly, monthly and annual reports from the human resources information system.
- Maintain the club’s organization chart and the employee directory.
- Assist with payroll administration; gather compensation details for bi-weekly and semi-monthly pay periods, input data into the pay grid and partner with the Human Resources Generalist to ensure accuracy of the payroll register.
- Assist with 401k administration; synchronize employee contributions in our 401k system with contributions in the pay grid each pay period.
- Prepare employee recognition communications and manage gift distribution.
- Complete verification of employment requests, IDES reporting and MLS reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years of previous Human Resources experience; with concentration in recruiting
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to properly handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to interact well with form professional relationships with all levels of employees and collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.