Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997. The Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot business office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an ambitious vision that will transform the Club in the coming years.
Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a dedicated Academy Head Coach join our team! The Academy Head Coach will report into the Academy Technical Director.
- In conjunction with Chicago Fire FC’s Developmental (MLS Next Pro and Academy) coaches, player development system, players, and standards of play:
- Support the design, implementation, and management of the Academy’s Youth Development Coaching Program
- Support the scheduling of Academy training, including dates, times, the number of training sessions, and the periods of vacations and breaks from training
- Assist and support coaches in the general control, management, and conduct of Academy players, ensuring adherence to the Academy Code of Conduct
- Liaise with the Academy management team in relation to the multi-disciplinary requirements of all Youth Development players at the Academy
- Aid player development and motivation by providing positive and constructive feedback that is delivered in an appropriate method
- Use session planning tools, individual performance planning, and video platform to ensure that all relevant player data is recorded
- Demonstrate a willingness to further personal knowledge and development
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the club’s policies and all applicable laws, particularly regarding the safeguarding of youth/minor players
- Emphasize the club culture of integrity, excellence and belonging
- Other duties as assigned
- USSF B License or equivalent
- Previous experience coaching in an MLS Academy, MLS Next or other highly recognized Development team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive, cross-functional relationships within the Chicago Fire FC organization
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- An understanding of the pressures and commitments required for youth players involved in high level youth soccer (or other elite youth sports development awareness)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
- USSF A License
- EFCL License
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) or multi-lingual fluency
Some of the employee perks Chicago Fire Football Club offers to full-time employees include:
Excellent Benefit Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, Supplementary AD&D, Flexible, Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 401k eligibility immediately upon hire with a 3% employer contribution rate
Paid Parental Leave
- 14-16 weeks fully paid leave for employees giving birth and 8 weeks fully paid leave for committed partners & spouses – applicable to foster care & adoptive parents as well
- 6 weeks fully paid FMLA leave to care for a family member with a serious medical condition
Paid Time Off
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off upon hire
- 15 days of paid holiday time off + 2 floating holidays
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.