Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Graphic Designer Intern (Spring/Summer 2019) with Chicago Fire Soccer Club in Bridgeview, IL
Chicago Fire Soccer Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeview, IL
Expectations: The Intern Designer position for the Chicago Fire Soccer Club is responsible for any and all creative undertakings by the club across a variety of media including web, print, promotional items and stadium installation/environment. The intern will service all departments with any creative or design needs, from initial concepts to final production, execution and/or distribution. The Intern Designer is responsible for maintaining the visual integrity of the club as perceived by the market, and for strengthening brand presence within that market. He or she must demonstrate the ability to supply creative solutions on a daily basis to a variety of requested projects while remaining organized and on task.
Internships are unpaid (except for $100/month transportation stipend) and available only to persons who will receive college or graduate level credit for their work. The Fire accepts a limited number of internships to ensure that interns gain valuable work experience.
- Organize and manage multiple projects in various stages of progress
- Formulate design concepts, presentations, templates, layouts, merchandise, installations and other collateral from initial idea to final execution
- Create advertising campaigns that are followed across a variety of collateral
- Develop understanding of target audience and market for specifically aimed marketing pieces
- Present or pitch ideas, briefs, and concepts to various parties, in and out of house
- Prioritize and filter work load coming from all departments through a design request form system
- Design advertisements, print materials, still digital imaging and web graphics
- Meet all advertising and print deadlines
- Contribute to the invention and implementation of marketing/communications initiatives
- Assist Digital Team during matchday
- Applicants MUST receive college credit for the internship
- Practice a professional attitude when working with outside sources (ie. publications, print partners, creative agencies, vendors)
- Develop good rapport with other members of the Marketing Department
- Maintain an approachable persona as well as organized and respectful communication with all other departments
- Work closely with the Graphic Designer to ensure a cohesive message and look across all design projects and materials
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Programs, HTML a plus
- Strong understanding of soccer culture and market preferred
- Must have reliable transportation
Applicants witthout a Cover Letter WILL NOT be considered.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you currently enrolled in a accredited college or university or Graduate School program? Yes/No
Are you eligible to apply college credit to an Internship with the Fire? Yes/No