Front Desk Associate - Part Time - Chicago Fire FC (Chicago · IL)
Chicago Fire FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Cashier
Chicago Fire FC is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of football. Founded in 1997, and competing in Major League Soccer, Chicago Fire won its first championship in its debut season and was foundational in the careers of several current MLS coaches and players, as well as international and UEFA Champions League coaches.
Under new ownership, the Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the company in the coming years.
Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a dedicated Front Desk Associate to join our team! This position will be reporting to CIBC Fire Pitch, the Club’s community football facility on the north side of Chicago. On an annual basis, CIBC Fire Pitch welcomes 300,000+ visitors, and our team of Front Desk Associates works to ensure each and every guest has the best possible experience.
- Represent the Chicago Fire at our facility, while interacting with adult players, children and parents
- Welcome our guests with a friendly smile, and proactively help with any inquiries
- Assist with inventory and restocking of merchandise and food items sold at the facility
- Proactively troubleshoot any issues and help to solve them going forward
- Be knowledgeable about the rules of the facility and help to enforce them
- Take incoming calls or deliveries with a professional attitude and direct their needs to the proper person on staff
- Handle complaints with professionalism, and aim to turn any negative interaction into a positive one
- Assist with facility operations such as set up, tear down, cleaning, and organization
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues at all times to solve challenges
- Stay focused and positive at all times
- Serve as a knowledgeable source on club news and happenings in the community
- Have a full understanding of our facility programming, and be able to inform new potential customers
- Represent the Chicago Fire and its respective partners/sponsors with enthusiasm, energy, pride, passion, and professionalism
- Currently pursuing or already completed a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Sports Management, Hospitality, or related field
- Ability to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Candidates must live in the Chicagoland area
- Outstanding communication skills and a positive, energetic personality
- Ability to respond to any situation quickly and professionally.
- Comfort with public interactions and sharing knowledge of the Chicago Fire
- Ability to communicate with internal and external staff in addition to clients in a respectable, professional, and enthusiastic manner
- Knowledge of the Chicago Fire, Major League Soccer, global soccer, and the Chicagoland area
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs
CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation, or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.