Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Fan Experience Internship (Spring 2020) with Chicago Fire Soccer Club in Chicago · IL
Chicago Fire is seeking a smart, service passionate individual who is interested in joining the Fire in the Fan Experience/Operations department as an intern. This department focuses on improving the overall gameday experience for our fans through building vendor relationships, tracking feedback and executing the Chicago Fire CHAMPS service and recognition program. This position will be expected to work some nights and weekends (about 20-25 hours a week), including 100% attendance for Chicago Fire home games.
- Support in the venue transition from Bridgeview to downtown Chicago and Soldier Field
- Assist with tracking fan feedback and trends
- Input secret shopper scores and build reports
- Create product knowledge questions for game day staff and quiz during the game
- Compile information for the staff newsletter for each game
- Check operating and cleaning conditions of stadium and suites pre-game and post-game
- Build reports of online customer reviews
- Assist with Employee Recognition program
- Additional game day and stadium transitional tasks as assigned by internship supervisors
- Miscellaneous duties may also include:
- Assistance with research projects
- Assistance with various communications efforts
- Assistance with Sales projects and prospecting
- Interns will have substantial interaction with clients and fans, so we expect a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Interns will be expected to work all weekend and weeknight games.
- Gameday duties may include distribution of premium items, surveys and/or programs.working in premium seating areas as well as stadium set-up and teardown
- Interns can expect that some responsibilities will include clerical work, such as filing, data entry, copying and correspondence.
- This position may be required to assist other departments with various projects. Interaction with other departments is highly encouraged as we aim to provide the most comprehensive learning experience for interns.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Passion for Customer Service and Making Fans Happy!
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Fluency in another language (Spanish preferred) is helpful.
- Computer savvy with ability to work effectively in all Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop preferred.
- Goal-oriented, ambitious, honest individuals sought with strong work ethic, dedication and strong desire to learn about the sports industry
- Applicants must be able to work at least 3 – 4 days a week, and/or 30 – 40 hours on a weekly basis
- Must receive college/university credit. A verification letter will be required from your learning institution.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have reliable transportation to SeatGeek Stadium & Soldier Field?
Are you able to work 3 – 4 days a week including weekends as needed?
Are you able to work every FIRE Home Game throughout the internship (evenings & weekends)?
Are you able to receive college credit? Yes or No?
When are you available to start in 2020?
Do you have previous customer service experience? If yes, please explain.
How would you describe excellent customer service?