Events Manager - Chicago Fire FC (Chicago · IL)
Chicago Fire FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Event Management: Event Promotions
Chicago Fire FC was founded in 1997 on the 126th anniversary of the Great Chicago Fire and will kick off its 24th season in Major League Soccer. The Fire has won six major domestic championship titles, including the 1998 MLS Cup, the 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2006 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cups, as well as the 2003 Supporters’ Shield. The Club's charitable arm, the Chicago Fire Foundation, was recognized as ESPN’s 2019 Sports Humanitarian Team of the Year.
The Fire, led by owner Joe Mansueto, returned to Soldier Field last year and opened new 50,000 sq ft offices in the heart of the city. With numerous new hires throughout the technical and front office staff, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform both the brand and organization in the coming years.
Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply to opportunities within our Club.
Chicago Fire FC is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and imaginative Events Manager to join our team. The Club is looking for a creative and collaborative individual to manage both matchday activations and non-matchday events. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing inventive programs and activations that enhance fan experience, create meaningful connection with fans and, ultimately, assist in growing the fan base. The ideal candidate will be imaginative in thinking, collaborative in process, and innovative in approach.
- Serve as lead for all major events from planning phase to execution
- Coordinate event production on-site, leading all logistical and programming components
- Develop strong relationships with vendors including equipment, talent, and audio/video
- Oversee pre-match fan engagement areas for each Chicago Fire matchday
- Coordinate with Soldier Field and Chicago Fire operations staff to execute all matchday elements
- Work with internal departments to ensure all matchday initiatives are engaging and entertaining
- Assist operations department with matchday needs including coordination of wayfinding signage, staffing event maps, ingress/egress, permits, and emergency plans
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders, with an emphasis on Corporate Partnerships, to integrate brands into all matchday and event plans
- Lead ideation for all events to ensure each is relevant to the Club and our City
- Ensure proper documentation and organization to ensure every event is executed as first class
- Become an expert on all City, parks department, local governance, and safety requirements related to large gatherings
- Keep up with the latest trends in fan engagement and events in the areas of equipment, technology, culture, and innovation
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a related field
- Minimum of three years experience in live event, fan experience and/or entertainment
- Experience in live events and sports production
- Passion for live event planning and production
- Calm demeanor in high-pressure situations
- Proactive and able to work well under a heavy workload
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to problem-solve, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to give candid feedback with good intentions to help get the best out of colleagues
- Experience bringing a mindset of innovation to events and fan experience
- Passionate about understanding fans – what moves them, leads them to act, deepens connection, etc.
CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation, or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.