Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Event & Operations Intern - Chicago Fire Rec Soccer
- Verify that you are eligible to receive school credit before you apply for an internship with CFRS. You must be able to provide verification. Absolute must.
- Apply online - we will not accept paper applications. Due to the high volume of candidates, we will not accept calls.
- When applying online, include your cover letter and resume (note: pdf format is best to avoid compatibility issues).
- Please note that this position is open year-round and we take applications on a rolling basis. Let us know when your ideal start and end dates are.
- Coordinating adult rec soccer leagues, tournaments, and pickup games; including customer service, operations (setting up fields, recording scores, checking in players, taking payments, etc...), managing referees, sales, and more.
- Actively selling, promoting and representing all CFRS products and services.
- Coordinating team trips to Chicago Fire home games.
- Interns will have substantial interaction with customers, Fire employees, and Fire fans - so we expect a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- This position may be required to assist other departments with various projects. Interaction with other departments is highly encouraged as we aim to provide the most comprehensive learning experience for interns.
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Computer savvy with ability to work effectively in all Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Goal-oriented, ambitious, honest individuals sought with strong work ethic, dedication and strong desire to learn about the sports industry.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
How did you hear about this job?
Loving soccer is a must! Does that apply to you?
Are you eligible to receive college credit for this internship?
For this internship you would be working nights and weekends. Are you okay with that?
When would you be able to start your internship?