Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Director of People & Talent with Chicago Fire Soccer Club in Bridgeview · IL
On October 8, 2019, the 148th anniversary of the Great Chicago Fire, the Club, the City of Chicago and the Chicago Park District announced that the team will return to the heart of the city and play its home games at Soldier Field, beginning in 2020. This announcement marked a transformative period for the Club and presents significant opportunities for growth in areas ranging from fan base development to community outreach to corporate partnerships. The Club is also actively exploring opportunities to move its corporate offices to downtown Chicago in the near future.
- Lead from the front lines. This is a small, nimble team
- Serve as an ambassador between MLS, its clubs, and the wider sports industry
- Partner with broader executive team on goal development, talent mapping, and strategic initiatives
- Design a people-centric atmosphere of motivation, interaction, and enthusiasm for the furtherment of the Club
- Recruit top talent for a wide variety of departments and positions with a focus on an inclusive, high-performing atmosphere
- Work closely with hiring managers to meet their current and future needs
- Align HR strategy to organizational strategy; ensure the right people are in the right roles
- Oversee on-boarding process, including new hire orientation
- Direct the performance evaluation process
- Work collaboratively with Finance and department heads on compensation and benefits programs to continue to motivate and incentivize high employee performance
- Collaborate with other departments to create a best-in-class training, development, and mentoring process for the organization as a whole
- Facilitate employee recognition, reward, and retention programs to drive performance, recognize success, and improve employee retention rates
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of HR
- Oversee Club’s compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, rules, and policies
- Review policies and programs for effective management of employee relations, all forms of harassment, diversity and inclusion; implement improvements where necessary
- Manage the HRIS database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization
- Works with Director of Finance to process semi-monthly or bi-weekly transfer of payroll data to Paycor Perform and ensure timely and accurate payroll records
- Work with the CFO regarding payroll budgets and forecasts
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 7 years of progressive HR experience required. Advanced degree and/or SPHR certification a plus
- A strategic thinker who will develop creative ways to use the HR function to improve the organization and to meet the organization’s strategic goals
- Experience in the areas of talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, employee recognition, and retention
- Experience cultivating and maintaining a respectful, inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced and developed and where all employees have equal opportunity to reach their potential
- Must have working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including benefits, compensation, payroll and employment laws, as well as training and organizational development.
- Must be a confident communicator with the level of maturity, discretion, and presence necessary to work collaboratively with management
- The ability to work independently and in a collaborative work environment is required, along with strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and planning skills.
- A role model, leading by example, and maintaining a positive, open, friendly and respectful attitude, with high ethical standards, and an appropriate professional demeanor
- Someone with excellent judgment, who listens well, implements effective, efficient solutions to problems and earns the respect necessary to implement changes to better the organization
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- An excellent facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflicts between parties to a dispute
- Knowledge of Paycor Perform or other HRIS programs a plus
- Sports industry experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have a bachelor's degree?
Do you have a minimum of 7 years of progressive HR experience?
Do you have working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including benefits, compensation, payroll and employment laws, as well as training and organizational development?