Director of Club Engagement - Chicago Fire FC (Chicago)
Chicago Fire FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997 and is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of soccer. The Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the success of the Club in the coming years.
Some of the fabulous employee perks Chicago Fire Football Club offers to full-time employees include:
o Option to work remotely 1 week from any place of choice per year
o Flexible work arrangements & hybrid scheduling (upon manager approval)
Paid Time Off:
o 3 weeks of Paid Time Off upon hire
o 22 days of paid holiday time off (including 2 weeks off at the end of each calendar year)
o 4 hours of Volunteer Time Off per month
Excellent Benefit Programs
o Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, Supplementary AD&D, Flexible,
o Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
o Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
o 401k eligibility immediately upon hire with a 3% employer contribution rate
o Educational Stipend of $1,500 per year
Paid Parental Leave
o 14-16 weeks fully paid leave for employees giving birth and 8 weeks fully paid leave for committed partners & spouses – applicable to foster care & adoptive parents as well.
Office Culture & Facilities
o Full game room, frequent happy hours & parties, employee recognition programs and access to a full workout center & rooftop at our central office.
Chicago Fire FC is seeking a driven connector for the role of Director, Club Engagement. The Club is looking for a creative and collaborative individual to stay connected with our marketing efforts throughout the city and with our most avid supporters. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of strong relationships and outside-the-box ideas to create a deeper relationship with the people of Chicago. The ideal candidate will be imaginative in thinking, collaborative in process, and innovative in approach.
- Provide strategic direction to growing and engaging with our supporter groups
- Main point of contact between our supporter groups and the Club, displaying strong communication across a wide range of audiences
- Manage the Supporters Council, our supporter group platform that provides benefits and insight of the Club to our fans
- Oversee matchday logistics for pre-match tailgating, safe smoke, supporter stage, displays, and other paraphernalia in coordination with the stadium and MLS guidelines
- Collaborate across multiple departments within the Club to ensure that our grassroots efforts align with our fan and supporter culture
- Develop marketing plans around supporter events and philanthropic efforts to maximize the impact they have on our community
- Work with the Fan Experience and Operations teams to provide the experience that our fans need to properly support the team on the pitch
- Increase the number of people engaged in supporter activities, creating a culture where the section is full and the tailgates are lively every match
- Manage a staff of full and part-time employees
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a related field
- Minimum of three years experience in fan experience, community relations, or professional sports
- Passion for creating connections with community leaders and influencers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Measured and apathetic decision-making skills
- Calm demeanor in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to problem-solve, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to give candid feedback with good intentions to help get the best out of colleagues
- Experience bringing a mindset of innovation to events and fan experience
- Passionate about understanding fans – what moves them, leads them to act, deepens connection, etc.
CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.