Communications Intern - Chicago Fire FC (Chicago · IL)
Chicago Fire FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Chicago Fire FC is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of football. Founded in 1997, and competing in Major League Soccer, Chicago Fire won its first championship in its debut season and was foundational in the careers of several current MLS coaches and players, as well as International and UEFA Champions League coaches.
Under new ownership, the Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the company in the coming years.
Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a motivated Communications Intern to join our team! This intern will be responsible for daily media relations and assisting the communications department with day-to-day operations.
- Compile daily media coverage of the Chicago Fire
- Update and manage the Club’s historical records
- Assist with creating and maintaining the Club’s Game Notes and Media Guide
- Assist with written coverage of the Club’s Academy teams
- Assist with media operations for all home games
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills (writing and verbal)
- Written and oral Spanish language skills are a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Major League Soccer and the Chicago Fire preferred
- Ability to work nights and weekends, including all Chicago Fire FC home matches
CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation, or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.