Academy Part Time Scout - Chicago Fire FC (Chicago · IL)
Chicago Fire FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Technical Services: Camera Operator
Chicago Fire FC is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of football. Founded in 1997, and competing in Major League Soccer, Chicago Fire won its first championship in its debut season and was foundational in the careers of several current MLS coaches and players, as well as International and UEFA Champions League coaches.
Under new ownership, the Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the company in the coming years.
Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
The Chicago Fire Football Club is looking for a highly self-motivated individual who shows initiative and a strong work ethic to identify talent for the Chicago Fire Soccer Academy. The expectation is that this individual will participate in the scouting operations for youth players aged 12 – 18 who have the potential to play for Chicago Fire FC Academy. The focus of this role will be on players based in the Chicagoland area and act on information and recommendations from all sources (Youth Programs, Community, Emerging Talent Program, Affiliates, Talent ID events) and ensure all relevant players can be adequately assessed by Chicago Fire FC Academy. All applicants must currently reside in the greater Chicagoland area.
- Work with Technical Director and Academy coaches to identify the positional/profile needs for each team.
- Be available to attend an ongoing calendar of all local youth club tournaments, fixtures, games, and events.
- Attend games and gather intelligence on individual players.
- Attend Academy Pre-Season and assist the coaching staff as required.
- Promote a positive market identity of Chicago Fire Football Club with all stakeholders within the youth soccer market in Chicagoland.
- Respect the academy scouting protocol.
Responsibilities to track/evaluate data:
- Store player reports in the club's online database system with key information on potential academy players.
- Record all scouting information on potential Chicago Fire FC Academy players
- Benchmark potential academy targets against current academy players
Responsibilities to develop a scouting network:
- Form key relationships with all Fire Juniors affiliates, via the Emerging Talent Program (etp), to help assist in recommending players to Chicago Fire Football Club Academy and vice versa.
- Form key relationships with all local clubs in the greater Chicagoland area.
Responsibilities to attend Talent ID events:
- Attend all academy Talent ID Events throughout the year