Academy Fitness Coach with Chicago Fire Fc in Chicago · IL
Chicago Fire Fc jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago · IL
Player Operations: Coach
Chicago Fire FC is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of football. Founded in 1997, and competing in Major League Soccer, Chicago Fire won its first championship in its debut season and was foundational in the careers of several current MLS coaches and players, as well as International and UEFA Champions League coaches.
Under new ownership, the Club recently returned to Soldier Field for the 2020 season, as well as opening new 50,000 sq ft offices in the heart of the city. With numerous new hires throughout the technical and front office staff, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the company in the coming years.
Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
Chicago Fire Football club is seeking a dedicated Academy Fitness Coach to join our team! Reporting to the Academy Technical Director and Director of Performance this highly motivated individual will aid in the design and execution of the physical preparation (training plans) of all academy players to prepare for competitive game play. The successful candidate will ensure the sports science program is progressively implemented over all age groups to optimize and maximize the physical potential of every academy player. Moreover, this individual must embody the vision, mission, and core values of the Chicago Fire Football Club.
- Work as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) alongside the Technical Director, coaching staff, athletic trainers and other support staff to maximize the athletic potential of academy players in line with the club’s philosophy.
- Establish regular testing and performance measures for Academy teams.
- Teach proper execution, techniques and safety for all lifts and movement drills.
- Communicate and work in partnership with team medical staff and athletic trainers to provide an integrated program of strength & fitness goals, injury prevention, reconditioning and performance training.
- Develop football oriented practical solutions based on individual and team data-analysis (GPS, wellness, testing etc.)
- Lead training and matchday warm-ups.
- Plan and deliver scientifically based optimal recovery strategies post practice and games.
- Develop individual off-season training programs.
- Contribute to regular CPD events encompassing First Team and Academy staff.
- Be an ambassador for the football club and share in its vision and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of three years of experience in a strength and conditioning role required.
- Bachelor's degree required in Exercise Science or related field.
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist certification required (or working towards).
- First aid and CPR certification preferred.
- At least two years of experience working within the football profession.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a sense of accountability.
- Ability to work productively under pressure and be consistently proactive.
- Strong PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays when required.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?