Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997. The Club returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot business office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an ambitious vision that will transform the Club in the coming years.
Chicago Fire FC is seeking a Sr. Director of Partnership Sales to join our team and play a key role in the growth of the Club’s corporate partnership revenue generation. The Sr. Director of Partnership Sales will be responsible for identifying, prospecting, proposing, and acquiring new partnerships, inclusive of identifying brand partners for marquee entitlement assets (i.e. Front of Jersey, Sleeve, Training Facility Naming Rights). The individual hired for this role will also manage the sales team in the development of new corporate partnerships, while supporting the VP of Partnership Sales with the buildout of a commercial strategy.
- Drive sales support and accountability in collaboration with the VP of Partnership Sales to optimize the overall performance of the Partnership Sales team.
- Manage and mentor the corporate partnership sales team alongside the VP of Partnership Sales.
- Develop and secure innovative commercial opportunities and partnerships, as well as new and diverse revenue streams.
- Serve as an individual contributor to sourcing and selling marquee entitlement assets
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Club to develop dynamic and innovative marketing platforms geared toward securing new corporate partnerships.
- Identify emerging sponsorship categories that will push the envelope on creative activations and programming.
- Develop a strong understanding of industry trends and competitive landscapes to enable effective positioning of partnership opportunities.
- Interpret data for sales presentations; leverage this information for partner proposals and pitches.
- Regularly conduct cold calls to secure appointments, creating opportunities to sell to new prospects among local and national companies.
- Assist with the development of storytelling materials and client presentations.
- Negotiate high-value contracts to meet and exceed annual revenue goals.
- Build a strategic plan around engaging corporate communities and agencies based in Chicago.
- Present strategic plan to the department’s VP of Partnership Sales and Chicago Fire’s senior leadership team.
- Engage other corporate communities in Chicago with varied backgrounds.
- Coordinate any sponsor-related projects as assigned by the department’s VP of Partnership Sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related degree.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant work, industry, and partnership development experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of sales management experience
- Proven experience in building successful commercial relations with corporate partners to secure new business and sell multi-year, million-dollar partnerships.
- Strong and continuous awareness of market and industry trends.
- Experience collaborating with colleagues to develop innovative marketing platforms for potential corporate partners.
- Proven financial acumen and experience with diversified revenue sources, and success in maintaining fiscal stability.
- High integrity and values are compatible with the Club’s vision for the future.
- Ability to perform and provide clear decision-making leadership while juggling multiple responsibilities.
- Strong work ethic with a track record of delivering results in high-pressure situations.
- Must have a collaborative, team-oriented management style that engages leadership.
- Strong presentation skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to problem-solve, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to give candid feedback with good intentions to help get the best out of colleagues.
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.