*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,500-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season.
Austin FC is actively seeking a professional, reliable and ethical Vice President of Finance to support our growing team as well as serve as a reliable business partner at all levels of the organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for the leadership and coordination of company accounting, cash flow, and budget management functions. This position will also serve as an integral member of the senior management team working closely with leadership to develop the organization’s strategic goals and participate in making strategic decisions that promote the long-term success of the Club.
This role is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience within the front office of a major league team while exercising financial and technology management to accomplish the organization’s mission. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin was selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last three years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
- Is motivated, professional and thrives within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Takes pride in maintaining the highest level of confidentially and discretion?
- Ability to foster a work environment that encourages creative thinking and the ability to maintain focus?
- Balances various stakeholder relationships and different needs?
- Is analytical and detail-oriented?
- Is an expert problem solver, analytical thinker, and decision maker?
- Stresses accountability and continuous improvement?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the changing needs of a fast-paced growing organization?
- Creates processes to increase work efficiencies and systems to work smarter not harder?
- Is open to participating in exciting, possibly last minute, special events?
- Enjoys operating independently and proactively to achieve business objectives?
- Direct and monitor all aspects of accounting operations including general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Apply a thorough understanding of financial reporting, consolidation of companies, and general ledger structure.
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual budget and business plan which is aligned with the company’s strategic direction.
- Manage all MLS reporting requirements, including preparation of data, as needed.
- Oversee external auditors and annual audit process.
- Responsible for all company cash management and financial health.
- Identify, evaluate and properly record capital expenditures for both book and tax purposes.
- Coordinate tax schedules, returns (including Form 990), and information with outside tax advisors.
- Provide on-going analytical support by monitoring monthly operating results and cash flow projections (budget and actual).
- Provide strategic financial planning advice to senior management for long-term growth.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and present the information in frequent reports and presentations to senior management and ownership group.
- Oversee preparation of company financial statements monthly, quarterly and annually, as needed.
- Ensure debt covenant compliance.
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants.
- Supervise, provide guidance and develop finance department employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations.
- Develop and maintain necessary accounting/finance policies and systems.
Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Master’s degree, CPA, and/or Public Accounting Experience preferred.
- Experience with Great Plains preferred.
- Prior sports and entertainment industry experience a plus, but not required.
- Extremely knowledgeable in financial forecasting, accounting practices/systems, financial data analysis, consolidation, and financial reporting.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- High ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion.
- Evidence of being a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to develop and implement processes and plans.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written, with diverse audiences.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion both internally and externally.
- Strong work ethic with an eye for detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks and delegate responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, knowledge of current technologies and commitment to remain up to date with industry best practices.
- English language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better.
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment.
- Hours are variable and can easily include evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.