*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,500-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season.
Austin FC is actively seeking a professional and creative IT Leader to support our growing team as well as serve as a reliable business partner at all levels of the organization. This position will work closely with decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization, including the new stadium that is scheduled to be completed in Spring 2021.
In this role, you will serve as an integral member of the senior management team. This will include making strategic decisions on investments and implementation of technology at the stadium and all other company locations.
This role is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience within the front office of a major league team while exercising financial and technology management to accomplish the organization’s mission. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin was selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last three years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
- Has the ability to develop strategy while also remaining hands-on with respect to executing strategies and performing routine tasks?
- Is motivated, professional, creative and thrives within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Possess the technical capability to implement comprehensive systems?
- Ability to foster a work environment that encourages creative thinking and the ability to maintain focus?
- Stays up to date with existing and emerging technologies?
- Stresses accountability and continuous improvement?
- Focused on results and is customer focused?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the changing needs of a fast-paced growing organization?
- Creates processes to increase work efficiencies and systems to work smarter not harder?
- Is open to participating in exciting, possibly last minute, special events?
- Enjoys operating independently and proactively to achieve business objectives?
- Manages a budget and controls expenses effectively?
- Serve as a liaison between partners, Club, and 3rd party vendors to ensure IT systems are property installed and configured during the stadium and training facility construction process
- Further enhance the Club’s technology roadmap and provide recommendations for stadium technology enhancements and modifications
- Provide desktop support to all company employees
- Identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security
- Direct and support the implementation of new software and hardware
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions and remain up-to-date with current and future industry trends
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs and offers solutions to enhance effectiveness
- Manage the organization’s help desk (internal or external)
- Coordinate IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
- Oversee departmental finances, including budgeting and forecasting
- Implement IT policies and procedures
- Manage inventory of computers, laptops, access points, radios, antennas, attic stock cabling, switches, etc.
- Manage event day IT operations including but not limited to troubleshooting for WiFi/DAS connectivity, reconfiguring SSIDs to serve as event networks, consistently ensure connectivity with gate scanners and POS, etc.
- Negotiate contracts, assist, and manage 3rd party vendor relationships as it pertains to venue connectivity (Wifi/DAS/Broadcast/Fiber backbone/etc)
- Create an IT roadmap
- Maintain current documentation for connectivity pathways and connection points
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 7 or more years of experience managing and directing IT operations
- Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used
- Evidence of being a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to develop and implement processes and plans
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion both internally and externally
- An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, knowledge of current technologies and commitment to remain up to date with industry best practices
- Strong work ethic with an eye for detail
- Prior sports and entertainment industry experience (including the launch of a new venue) is a plus, but not required
- English language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment
- Hours are variable and can easily include evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.