The Harrisburg Heat is a professional indoor arena soccer team in the Major Arena Soccer League (MASL). The Game Day Intern position is geared toward college students interested in exploring a career in sports related and/or business industries. This position will have the opportunity to work in various departments including event preparation, promotions, retail, ticket operations, game statistics, and tournament activity. This is an unpaid internship, designed to provide college credits to students looking to fulfill requirements for their course of study or gain experience working with a local professional team. Game Day Interns MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SCHEDULED HOME GAME DAYS at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex during the 2022-2023 season. Candidates are expected to begin their internship in mid-December and work through the end of the season in early April.
Preferred Internship Qualifications:
- A desire to learn about a professional soccer team’s game day operations
- A desire to excel in the team sports industry and a commitment to career development
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Available to work non-traditional work hours
- Ability to be prompt and dependable
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Must feel comfortable in front of large crowds
- Must display attention to detail
- Must value safety of fans, officials, and players
- Must be able to follow directions, as well as work independently
- Ability to easily stand for extended periods of time and move up and down stairs
- This job operates in an environment located at an indoor arena.
- This job may require extended periods of standing.
- This job occasionally requires light lifting.
- Why do you want to be an intern for the Harrisburg Heat?
- What do you hope to learn by working as an intern for the Harrisburg Heat?
- Are you available to begin this internship, working on team game days, in mid-December and work until the end of the season in early April?
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.