Part-Time Groundskeeper - FC Cincinnati (Milford · OH)
FC Cincinnati jobs
Sports Jobs in Milford · OH
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
Job Title: Seasonal Groundskeeper (March 2022 – August 2022)
Department: Turf Operations
Reports to: Training Grounds Supervisor
About FC Cincinnati and TQL Stadium
FC Cincinnati is a professional soccer team that plays in Major League Soccer, having entered the league as its 24th team in 2019. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Carl H. Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph. Originally founded in 2015 by Lindner III and current president Jeff Berding, FCC began play in the United Soccer League (USL) in 2016. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads. FC Cincinnati will open the club’s privately funded, 26,000-seat soccer-specific stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati in 2021.
TQL Stadium, home of FC Cincinnati, is one of the most ambitious soccer-specific stadiums in not only North America, but the world. Critically acclaimed firm Populous designed an innovative and forward-thinking stadium that will be one of the largest soccer-specific facilities in Major League Soccer. The $250 million, privately funded stadium will have a 26,000 capacity, with the closest seats within 15 feet of the field. The design includes 53 traditional suites and 4,500 premium seats throughout four premium club spaces. Additionally, the team’s famous supporters’ section, The Bailey, grew to be more than 3,100 strong and looms over opponents at a 34-degree angle at the stadium’s north end. A 360-degree canopy roof covers every seat in the stadium, but still allows sufficient sun in to grow a natural grass field. The stadium has five team locker rooms, including a comprehensive team suite for FC Cincinnati that features a dressing room, coach’s offices, lounge, equipment storage and the Mercy Health Center of Excellence for the team’s medical and game day fitness needs. TQL Stadium meets all current requirements to host CONCACAF and FIFA events, featuring top national teams from around the world, including the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams, as well as the world’s top club teams for friendlies.
The team also opened the state-of-the-art Mercy Health Training Center (MHTC) in Milford, Ohio. Designed by MSA Sport, the $30 million, 24-acre facility includes three full-size, lighted soccer fields – including two stabilized natural grass surfaces and one synthetic turf surface – as well as a goalkeeper-specific training area. The MLS team is housed in a 30,000 sq. ft., multilevel building abutting the fields, while the FCC Academy teams utilize a separate 4,000 sq. ft. wing of the building. Additionally, there is a 3,000 sq. ft. maintenance facility on the property. In the design process, the MSA Sport design team benchmarked training grounds across the world, including the best in Europe, South America and Asia. The goal of the design meets the original goal to develop one of the premier and most progressive team facilities in Major League Soccer and North America.
FC Cincinnati is seeking highly motivated individuals to fill the position of Seasonal Part Time Groundskeeping Associate for the 2022 Major League Soccer Season. The role will aid the Turf Operations Department in their goal to provide safe, consistent, and aesthetically pleasing fields at both the practice facility and stadium, including match days. This is a part-time role to aid the club throughout the season. Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide verification of vaccination prior to start date.
- Assist the Training Center’s Groundskeepers in the day-to-day operations
- Aid in preparing TQL Stadium’s pitch for all FC Cincinnati matches and special events as necessary
- Assist in implementing sports turf management best practices, such as aerification, fertilizing, integrated pest management, field lining, as well as chemical applications
- Conduct testing procedures for performance control to meet MLS standards
Education and Experience
- Pursuing a degree in Turf Science, Horticulture, or related field preferred
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to accomplish goals in a timely manner
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize daily objectives
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Desire for growing knowledge base of all turf grass related topics
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and precision in quality of work as well as excellent follow through
- Ability to consistently be at work on time and flexibility to work long hours to accomplish certain goals
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide verification of vaccination prior to start date
FC Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a current resident of the West End neighborhood in Cincinnati, OH?
Will you be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and be able to provide verification of vaccination prior to your start date?