Job Title: FC Cincinnati 2 Assistant Athletic Trainer
Reports to: FC Cincinnati 2 Head Athletic trainer, as well as the FCC’s Director of Athletic Training Services
We are searching for an experienced, reliable, and detail-oriented Assistant Athletic Trainer working with the FC Cincinnati 2 MLS NEXT Pro reserve team. The Assistant Athletic Trainer will assist the FCC 2 Head Athletic Trainer in implementing the sports medicine program and coordinating medical care for FCC 2 players. This position also includes supporting the Youth Development Academy on occasion. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, detail- oriented, professional, possess strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This position will report to the FC Cincinnati 2 Head Athletic trainer, as well as the Director of Athletic Training Services.
What You’ll Do:
- Evaluation, treatment, and rehab of players under the supervision of the FCC 2 Head Athletic Trainer.
- Support Youth Development Academy sports medicine operations.
- Communicate effectively with medical staff, coaches, family members, and athletes
- Practice and game coverage including travel (could include travel outside of the United States)
- Assist the Performance Department in planning, delivering, and evaluating physical development sessions
- Maintain computerized injury and treatment logs
- Preparation of field and team for practices and games
- Keep athletic training room clean, organized, and safe
- Preceptor responsibilities with local athletic training residents and students
- Complies with all company and league medical policies and protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree required in athletic training from CAATE recognized school
- NATABOC Certification
- Active Ohio Athletic Trainer Licensure required or the ability to obtain quickly
- Current Professional CPR Certification
- Must pass a background check to work with minors. Must undergo mandatory Safe Sport online training.
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach (CSCS) preferred
What You’ll Bring
- Positive upbeat attitude
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends
- Able to communicate well with coaching staff and other members of the club
- Ability to work on a team to accomplish common goals
- Ability to handle confidential information in a respectful and appropriate manner
- Ability to consistently be at work on time, follow instructions, respond to management directions, commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and complete necessary tasks
- Excellent follow through and judgment
About FC Cincinnati
FC Cincinnati is a Major League Soccer team playing at TQL Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. Originally founded in 2015 by Carl H. Lindner III and co-CEO Jeff Berding, FCC started play in the United Soccer League (USL) in 2016. FCC entered MLS as the 24th team in 2019. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph.
FC Cincinnati opened the club’s privately funded, 26,000-seat soccer-specific TQL Stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati in 2021, a venue which has won numerous global awards including the World Football Summit Best Venue 2022 in Madrid and the 2022 Prix Versailles World Title in the Sports Category in Paris, France.
FC Cincinnati won the 2023 Supporters’ Shield – the annual award given to the team with the most points in the regular season – and clinched a spot in the 2023 MLS Playoffs for the second straight year. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads.
About Mercy Health Training Center
In 2019, the club opened the state-of-the-art Mercy Health Training Center (MHTC) in Milford, Ohio. Designed by MSA Sport, the $30 million, 24-acre facility includes three full-size, lighted soccer fields – including two stabilized natural grass surfaces and one synthetic turf surface – as well as a goalkeeper-specific training area. The MLS team is housed in a 30,000 sq. ft., multilevel building abutting the fields, including a separate, 4,000 sq. ft. wing of the building for the FC Cincinnati Academy.
Additionally, there is a 3,000 sq. ft. maintenance facility on the property. In the design process, the MSA Sport design team benchmarked training grounds across the world, including the best in Europe, South America, and Asia. The goal of the design meets the original goal to develop one of the premier and most progressive team facilities in Major League Soccer and North America.
About FC Cincinnati 2
FC Cincinnati 2 began play in MLS NEXT Pro in 2022. FCC 2 is designed to serve as the bridge between the FCC first team and the Academy and is a professional pathway for players to grow and develop at FC Cincinnati. The club plays its matches at Scudamore Field at NKU Soccer Stadium, Mercy Health Training Center, and TQL Stadium.
About MLS NEXT Pro
Launched in March 2022 by Major League Soccer, MLS NEXT Pro is a professional men’s soccer league in the United States and Canada that completes the player pathway from MLS NEXT through to MLS first teams. With 21 Clubs competing during the inaugural season – 20 MLS-affiliated and one independent club, Rochester New York FC – MLS NEXT Pro will grow the game through innovation and diversity by bringing professional soccer to new markets, creating career opportunities for professionals on and off the field, and providing communities with a strong sense of pride. Eight additional MLS-affiliated clubs will join MLS NEXT Pro in 2023, with more independent clubs joining in the years ahead. For more information about MLS NEXT Pro, visit mlsnextpro.com
FC Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.