Facility Maintenance Technician II - FC Cincinnati (Cincinnati · OH)
FC Cincinnati jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati · OH
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Maintenance
About FC Cincinnati, TQL Stadium, and Mercy Health Training Center
FC Cincinnati is a Major League Soccer team playing at TQL Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Carl H. Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph. Originally founded in 2015 by Lindner III and current president Jeff Berding, FCC began play in the United Soccer League (USL) in 2016. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads. FC Cincinnati opened the clubs privately funded, 26,000-seat soccer-specific TQL Stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati in 2021. FCC entered MLS as the 24th team in 2019.
TQL Stadium, home of FC Cincinnati, is one of the most ambitious soccer-specific stadiums in not only North America, but the world. Critically acclaimed firm Populous designed an innovative and forward-thinking stadium that is one of the largest soccer-specific facilities in Major League Soccer. The closest seats are within 15 feet of the pitch at the $250 million, privately funded stadium. The design includes 53 traditional suites and 4,500 premium seats throughout four premium club spaces. FC Cincinnati’s supporters’ section, The Bailey, has grown to be more than 3,100 strong and loom over opponents at a 34-degree angle at the stadium’s north end. A 360-degree canopy roof covers every seat in TQL Stadium, but still allows sufficient sun in to grow a natural grass field. The stadium has five team locker rooms, including a comprehensive team suite for FC Cincinnati that features a dressing room, coach’s office, lounge, equipment storage and the Mercy Health Center of Excellence for the team’s medical and game day fitness needs. TQL Stadium meets all current requirements to host CONCACAF and FIFA events, and within the first year of the stadium’s completion has featured both the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams, including the USMNT’s FIFA World Cup Qualification match vs. Mexico.
In 2019, the club opened the state-of-the-art Mercy Health Training Center (MHTC) in Milford, Ohio. Designed by MSA Sport, the $30 million, 24-acre facility includes three full-size, lighted soccer fields – including two stabilized natural grass surfaces and one synthetic turf surface – as well as a goalkeeper-specific training area. The MLS team is housed in a 30,000 sq. ft., multilevel building abutting the fields, while the FCC Academy teams utilize a separate 4,000 sq. ft. wing of the building. Additionally, there is a 3,000 sq. ft. maintenance facility on the property. In the design process, the MSA Sport design team benchmarked training grounds across the world, including the best in Europe, South America, and Asia. The goal of the design meets the original goal to develop one of the premier and most progressive team facilities in Major League Soccer and North America.
FC Cincinnati’s Facility Maintenance Technician I will report to the Director, Facility Operations. This role will provide a mechanical aptitude to ensure safe and efficient building maintenance practices are being followed at all FC Cincinnati properties, including TQL Stadium and the Mercy Health Training Center. This role will support all maintenance activities before, during, and after stadium events, responding to breakdowns and repairs to equipment, along with daily responsibilities related to oversight of building systems and collaborating with other departments. This position is salary nonexempt.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete work order requests from centralized CMMS system in a timely and efficient manner, troubleshooting issues such as broken seats, clogs, leaks, and repairing when appropriate
- Maintaining proper documentation related to completing tasks, progress of work orders, inventory of supplies and equipment, and expenses related to work on building infrastructure and equipment
- Use of hand & power tools to troubleshoot, repair, install, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on a wide range of mechanical systems and equipment
- Proactively seek to exceed FCC pristine standards across facilities through punch list needs such as patch, paint, lighting replacements, repairs to doors, windows, drywall, etc
- Schedule and execute basic HVAC preventative maintenance such as filter changes, thermostat adjustments, and seasonal cleaning
- Assist with managing projects and contractors for work related to major building systems
- Maintain accurate records, schedules, and documentation related to MEP equipment, fire safety, and other building systems
- Maintain proper dress attire as instructed by FC Cincinnati and West End Stadium policies
- Rotation of 24/7 facility manager on-call will be required
- Represent FC Cincinnati and its related affiliates and venues in a professional manner at all times
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- 1+ years of experience within a facility maintenance setting preferred including basic knowledge of mechanical & electrical components, tools, and test instruments
- Drywall repair and painting skills preferred
- Comprehension of basic plumbing, electrical, and carpentry trades
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and procedures
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to accomplish goals under strict timelines
- Demonstrated ability to independently seek proactive solutions to problems and situations before and/or after they arise
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to turn tragic moments into magic moments
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide verification of vaccination prior to start date; medical and religious exemptions considered
FC Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a current resident of the West End neighborhood in Cincinnati, OH?
Will you be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and be able to provide verification of vaccination prior to your start date?
What salary range are you looking for?