Spring 2024: DCU Front Office Internship - D.C. Soccer LLC (WASHINGTON · DC)
D.C. Soccer LLC Jobs
Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
D.C. United is accepting applications for our Spring 2024 Internship Program!
Interning at the D.C. United Front Office is a unique opportunity for hardworking, passionate future leaders to gain real life, hands-on experience in Sports Industry and help fulfill an internship requisite.
Internships are available within various departments. Each department/team offers you a unique learning experience. This semester, candidates will have opportunity to choose their internship with one of the following departments:
- The Community Relations department is committed to improving the quality of life for individuals and kids in the DMV are through service and leadership. Using soccer as its platform, our department strives to help D.C. United build stronger communities by partnering with local nonprofit organizations and forging the path to inspire and drive positive impact. D.C. United's three community values are Empowerment, Opportunity and Service.
- Through owned, earned, and paid media the Communications team builds and manages the D.C. United and Audi Field brand connects new fans to the club, and enriches the fan interactions through communications, marketing, social media, video/photo production, graphic design, web and app development.
- The Corporate Partnerships department at D.C. United is responsible for securing sponsorship deals and partnerships with businesses. The department leverages the club's brand and reach to create mutually beneficial agreements, often involving sponsor logos on jerseys, stadium naming rights, and various promotional opportunities.
- The Events and Entertainment department at D.C. United is responsible for booking, organizing and executing a diverse range of events at Audi Field. The department works diligently with our operations team and other stakeholders to orchestrate the details of both public and private events ensuring their success. The Events and Entertainment is also responsible for booking talent for D.C. United matches and other stadium events. The department’s key focus is to create a portfolio of events that provide an unforgettable experience for all who come to Audi Field.
- The Marketing team is a dynamic and strategic hub dedicated to enhancing the brand visibility and fan engagement of our team. Through innovative campaigns, local marketing initiatives, and partnership development, the department works to create a compelling narrative around the club, driving ticket sales, merchandise purchases, and overall fan loyalty. With an understanding of the intersection between sports and marketing, our team aims to amplify the excitement of the game and build a strong community of supporters in the DMV.
- The Operations Department consists of four branches - Match/Stadium Operations, Guest Experience, Security, and Special Events. Operations is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the execution of all events at Audi Field. The department members must have a strong sense of logistical planning, organization, customer service, creative problem solving, and prioritization of the safety of all guests attending events at the stadium.
Ticket Sales & Service
- The Ticket Sales Department plays a pivotal role in generating revenue for the Organization by connecting passionate supporters with the thrill of live matches at Audi Field. Through the sale of numerous ticket packages and personalized service, our team strives to create memorable moments for fans while contributing to the overall success and growth of D.C. United.
The program will run from Tuesday, February 6th - Wednesday May 15, 2024. The deadline for application is Friday, January 5, 2024.
As an intern with D.C. United Front Office, you will participate in department-specific substantive and administrative work. In addition, you will have opportunities to participate during match day functions, receive personal development training, and network with D.C. United leadership and staff.
Internship Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with department-specific duties;
- Attend onboarding/offboarding sessions;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college.
- Must be eligible to receive course credit for Internship.
- Commitment of 20-25 hours per week during the program
- Must be available In-Person for office and Match-days throughout the week.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
PLEASE NOTE: This internship is unpaid. All applicants must be able to receive college credit.
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.