Account Executive, Group Sales - D.C. Soccer LLC (WASHINGTON · DC)
D.C. Soccer LLC Jobs
Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
D.C. United is looking to add a relationship-driven sales professional to our group sales team. The ideal candidate is motivated, compassionate, and driven to become a leader in the sports sales industry.
The position will be focused on generating revenue by coordinating large group events, theme nights, and other group sales initiatives. The selected candidate will be expected to set/execute face-to-face appointments on a consistent basis, make outbound sales calls, in addition to working sales events and games.
The candidate should have a solid understanding of the group sales process with a relationship-focused personality and a proven track record of selling group tickets in the sports industry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement effective strategies to increase revenue from large group events, theme nights, and other group sales initiatives.
- Identify and contact potential group clients, using various sales tools and techniques.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with existing group clients and encourage repeat and referral business.
- Provide excellent service to all group clients, both before and after the event.
- Communicate and present professionally, both in person and virtually, to various audiences.
- Meet and exceed your sales goals on a regular basis, and report on your activities and results.
- Represent D.C. United positively on game days, by engaging with clients and prospects at the stadium and providing them with a memorable experience.
- Contribute positively to the D.C. United sales culture, and perform other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1 years of successful sales experience
- Experience in group sales in the sports industry
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Desire to be great and a contagious, positive attitude.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage your schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments, and sales.
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism, and a passion for the sports industry.
- Ability to learn from sales training process and be a coachable team member.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.