Academy Assistant Coach (PT) - D.C. Soccer LLC (Washington · DC)
D.C. Soccer LLC Jobs
Sports Jobs in Washington · DC
Player Operations: Coach
The Academy Assistant Coach will assist in the development and implementation of team training sessions for one of D.C. United’s academy teams in accordance with the academy’s curriculum, periodization, objectives, and values. They will work in conjunction with Head Coaches, Goalkeeper Coach, Performance Coach and Athletic Trainer to maximize the potential of each player, and the efficiency of each session. The Academy Assistant Coach will be at all their team’s training sessions and matches and assist with other team training when necessary. They are also expected to review film and relevant statistics to give accurate and constant feedback to each player on the status of their development. The priority of the Academy Assistant Coach will be to develop their top players so that they are ready to compete at the next age group/level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, execute all team sessions in conjunction with head coaches, goalkeeper coach, performance coach, athletic trainer, club curriculum, periodization and values
- Warmup and assist in coaching team on match days
- Keep in communication with academy players and their families when necessary
- Keep in constant communication with Head Coach, Academy Director, Director of Coaching, and the rest of the staff as necessary
- Work with scouting director to evaluate players, develop depth chart and create rosters
- Coach talent identification training sessions
- Help with additional club logistics when necessary
- Represent D.C. United with top class appearance & professionalism
- College/academy/club coaching experience
- Ability to run sessions in coordination with professional coaching staff
- Knowledge of MLS/DMV soccer landscape preferred
- Exceptional organization, communication, presentation, & management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends & holidays (matches)
- General schedule: evening sessions approximately: 7:00 – 8:30 PM 4x/week
- Weekend matches
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.