2024 Event Operations Staff (Part-Time) - DC Soccer LLC (Washington · DC)
DC Soccer LLC Jobs
Jobs in Washington · DC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Game Day/Event Staff
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
D.C. United is seeking hard-working, committed staff to assist with events in this part-time role for the 2023 season. The Event Operations staff are responsible for working soccer matches (MLS, NWSL, International Friendlies, etc.), other sporting events (XFL, Premier 7s Rugby, Congressional Football, etc.) as well as concerts, festivals, and corporate events hosted at Audi Field. This staff will work closely with the D.C. United Operations staff to fulfill these responsibilities and represent the club professionally on event days. This position is a part-time, event-based role and cannot be used for college credit.
- Set-up/breakdown for all full-stadium events at Audi Field.
- Preparing stadium areas including the field, gates, locker rooms, concourse, hospitality spaces, and other activation spaces on match days.
- Operational oversight of Fan Experience Programs and participants on D.C. United match day.
- Coordinate with full time staff members to ensure successful event set-up and execution.
- Adhere to a strict event timeline and tasks for preparing the stadium.
- Assist with the coordination of various space changeovers between events as needed.
- Provide operational and logistical support for D.C. United professional staff during events.
- Candidates should be very comfortable performing physical labor activities.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and be goal-oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive work ethic, team mindset and professional attitude are essential.
- Strong intrapersonal skills and confidence interacting with fans and other staff members.
- Previous experience in sports or events is ideal and leadership background is a plus.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift 40+lbs without strain and comfortable walking for long durations.
- Comfortable working outside in all weather conditions.
- Commitment to work 80% of Full Stadium Audi Field Events (D.C. United, Washington Spirit, XFL)
- Must be available for 4 out of 5 required blackout dates (including but not limited to D.C. United home opener, XFL Home opener, Washington Spirit Home Opener, and any post-season events)
- Must be available to attend mandatory training session(s).
- Full vaccination against Covid-19 is required to be eligible for employment.
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.