In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Corporate Partnerships Intern assists and supports both the Activation and Sales teams in all aspects of sponsorship deliverables, including but not limited to: client service and correspondence, business development, ideation of new sponsorable assets, event support, and other department duties as assigned that will provide value to our partners and fans. This individual will support all members of the Corporate Partnership department while gaining insights and experiences into the operations of a professional sports organization and experience in a corporate sales and service environment. This position assists in growing sales revenues, managing high profile accounts, executing events, and assuring a quality experience for our partners.
- Assist the Corporate Partnership team with daily tasks under supervision of Manager of Partnership Activation
- Research key corporate partnership prospects and assist with proposal presentations for new business and renewals
- Assist in organizing and executing Corporate Partnership activities and events (Examples: Partner Networking Events, Partner Summits, etc.)
- Prepare post-match reports for the 2023 season and collect, manage, and input materials, photos, data, and files relevant to activations in Trak Software
- Attend and participate in weekly departmental sales and activation meetings and participate in external client meetings
- Maintain awareness of sponsorship/market trends and knowledge relative to what Columbus Crew corporate partners and their like competitors are executing in other markets and/or professional leagues
- All other duties as assigned
- Act as representatives of Columbus Crew at all home matches, engaging with fans & clients
- Assist with the distribution of partner deliverables on matchday.
- Track brand awareness deliverables for Corporate Partners.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Eager to learn the business of sports and ability to think outside the box
- Ability to work well independently within a team and results oriented environment
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays as dictated by events or requirements
- Ability to work in-person and have reliable form of transportation
- Desire to take on a variety of projects and continually learn
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism