Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,500-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season.
Austin FC is actively seeking a passionate and professional Video Performance Analyst who will manage all aspects of video analysis for first team players and staff. In this role, you will be responsible for recording of all training sessions, breakdown of these sessions, pre-match video preparation, scouting of opponents, managing Sportscode for in-game analysis and live coding, and create post-match analysis for individual player and team presentations. This position will report to the Head Coach and work closely with the Technical Staff and be responsible of all facets of video breakdown.
This position will play an important role in a team that will build a major league property and establish the core identity of a major league brand, from the earliest stages, and is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin was selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last three years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
· Has an outstanding work ethic and pays close attention to detail?
· Thrives in a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and quality?
· Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
· Has a strong passion for soccer and representing the brand of Austin FC?
· Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships?
· Is motivated, professional and demonstrates punctuality and reliability?
· Film and catalog all training sessions; and
· Prepare live coding for Matches and Training sessions with Sportscode and Spiideo; and
· Create individual player and team presentations from training and match footage; and
· Create video catalog demonstrating game model, principles of play and player profiles; and
· Use of TeamXstream and Coachpaint to assist in opposition analysis and presentations; and
· Assist Technical Staff with day to day video presentations, Keynote and/or PowerPoint; and
· Assist Head Coach with special project and team presentations.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Minimum 3 years of experience working with Wyscout, Hudl, Sportscode and Coachpaint
· Preferred experience working for a professional sports team
· Preferred experience operating a drone
· Strong communication skills, both orally and written, with diverse audiences
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications, knowledge of current technologies and commitment to remain up to date with industry best practices.
· Strong work ethic with an eye for detail
· It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
· All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment
· Hours are variable and can easily include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.