*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the 27th club in January 2019. Austin FC will officially begin play in 2021 in the new, 100% privately financed, $260 million, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium in Austin.
Austin FC is seeking a world-class Spanish language soccer play by play commentator who will work on Austin FC’s local Spanish language radio broadcasts. The successful candidate will work on all gameday coverage with our Spanish language radio partner, as well as work closely with the Club’s Marketing Department on other initiatives and projects.
This is a freelance, independent contractor position that will help to define and develop the Spanish language radio broadcasts for a globally ambitious brand from its earliest stages. The position must be available to travel regularly to Austin, TX. Austin was selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last four years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
- Is passionate about Austin?
- Wants to grow the sport of soccer?
- Is ready to be part of a team?
- Wants to grow a project from the ground up?
- Thrives in entrepreneurial environments?
- Has significant experience in all aspects of soccer broadcasting, and thrives in a creative media environment?
Gameday broadcasts. Become the Spanish language color analyst voice and face of all Austin FC gameday broadcasts with our local Spanish language media partner, potentially including pre-game and post-game shows.
Digital/Social coverage. Generate team focused content for the Club’s social media and digital platforms, including video, audio and written output.
Community. Foster relationships with all current and future Austin FC fans with community appearances and events.
- An established track record as a seasoned broadcasting voice in the sport of soccer.
- Can thrive within a team environment where stakeholders are asked to support a range of tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience writing and delivering world-class media content.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with players, coaches staff and other media.
- Strong written content skills, researching and writing website news articles.
- Spanish language proficiency (English language skills are a major plus).
- An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
- Hours are variable and will include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Austin FC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applications for this independent contractor role will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to start of contract.