Program Manager - Austin FC (Austin · TX)
Austin FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Austin · TX
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Foundation/Community Relations
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the League’s 27th club in January 2019. In June 2021, Austin FC began play in a new, 100% privately financed, $260 million, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium.
4ATX Foundation is the nonprofit arm of Austin FC. Since its launch, 4ATX Foundation has been committed to using the power of soccer to build physically, socially and emotionally healthy communities. From getting people playing by providing soccer scholarships and donating equipment, to restoring and building new soccer pitches, to building the next generation of leaders through Verde Leaders, 4ATX Foundation increases opportunities for Central Texans to thrive.
4ATX Foundation is seeking a driven and passionate Program Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for executing programs and events that support the Foundation’s strategic plan and mission, increases brand equity of the Foundation, drives measurable impact, and connects communities to Austin FC.
As a new position in the organization, the person who takes this role will have the opportunity to build the development function. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin has continuously been selected by U.S. News and World Report as a top city to live in the last six years, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
· Is as comfortable driving strategy as you are executing the work?
· Is an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player and likes to take responsibility for project oversight?
· Wants to use the power of soccer to build thriving Central Texas communities?
· Works well in a collaborative, goal-based environment?
· Thrives in an innovative and creative environment?
· Understands the need to work on Austin FC matchdays including nights and weekends?
· Consistently prioritizes projects, meetings and fast-changing schedules while remaining productive and professional?
· Assist with the development and execution of one-off and on-going 4ATX Foundation programming events both large and small; and
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to manage key 4ATX Foundation programs and events including Clinics 4ATX, Field Revitalization, Youth Club and Soccer Summer Camp Scholarships, and Equipment Drive; and
· Regularly communicate with and provide updates to community partners, including nonprofits, foundations, schools, corporations, and soccer clubs; and
· Help coordinate matchday programming, such as fundraising activities and pre-match exhibitions; and
· Develop and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to help measure the positive impact 4ATX Foundation is having on the Austin community; and
· Coordinate the recruitment, communication, onboarding, and management of 4ATX Foundation volunteers; and
· Contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of 4ATX Foundation’s strategic plan.
· Adeptness with project management and excellent organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task and navigate competing priorities
· Experience coordinating events and managing programs
· Experience working behind the scenes and as part of a team to execute a project
· Effective verbal and written communication skills, with diverse audiences
· Familiarity with nonprofit program management preferred
· English language proficiency (Spanish language skills are a plus)
· An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
· Experience in soccer programming, event production, project management, program coordination, nonprofit work or similar field; past experience in sports and/or entertainment a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree
· It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
· All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment.
· Hours are variable and can easily include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.