Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the 27th club in January 2019. Austin FC will officially begin play in 2021 in the new, 100% privately financed, $260 million, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium in Austin.
Austin FC is actively seeking part-time Event Services Teammates who will work with a team to ensure that each event is set up and executed properly in order to create and above and beyond environment for every guest at Q2 Stadium.
This unique role to help build a major league property and establish the core identity of a major league brand from the earliest stages is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin has continuously been selected by U.S. News and World Report as a top city to live in the last six years, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
- Has a positive attitude, strong work ethic and passion for flawless execution?
- Can carry out daily duties without direct supervision?
- Can trouble shoot situations and solve problems quickly?
- Is dependable and has the ability to follow directions?
- Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Assist with set up, tear down, and conversions for all Q2 Stadium events; and
- Assist with general stadium organization including proper management of stadium storage spaces, stocking, inventory, etc.; and
- Assist with loading dock operations, handling and properly logging shipping and receiving processes; and
- Execute proper set-up at all patron and staff entry gates Including but not limited to, walk through metal detectors, crowd control equipment, signage, etc.; and
- Execute installation and removal of field-level LED board system including maintaining inventory and attic stock of parts; and
- Complete pressure washing, backpack blowing, trash/recycle removal, etc. as necessary; and
- Assists Facilities and Grounds at the St. David’s Performance Center as needed.
- Experience within the sports, entertainment, or hospitality industry preferred
- Must be able to lift and maneuver a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and move continuously during work hours
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to work long and irregular hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment.
- Hours will vary based on event schedule and can will include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.