*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,500-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season.
Austin FC is actively seeking a professional and dependent Director of Event Booking to manage booking relationships and manage event logistics at Austin FC’s 20,500+ seat stadium. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, negotiating, contracting and scheduling all stadium events which will range from large-scale concerts to high school/collegiate/professional/international sporting events to a variety of private events. This position will also work to promote use of the facility in effort to maximize utilization of the venue.
This unique role to help build a major league property and establish the core identity of a major league brand from the earliest stages is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin was selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last three years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
- Has a positive attitude, strong work ethic and passion for flawless execution?
- Feels a sense of pride and accomplishment in successfully executing a well-organized, well-coordinated event?
- Takes pride in maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and discretion?
- Can develop industry relationships and negotiate contracts?
- Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Enjoys bringing passion for the brand to broad, diverse communities?
- Is motivated by understanding a client’s needs and crafting creative solutions to meet those needs?
- Consistently prioritizes projects, meetings and fast-changing schedules while remaining productive and professional?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization?
In This Role You Will:
- Negotiate event contract terms for concerts/sporting events/private events at Stadium, and upon successful execution of any agreement you will work diligently to ensure all contracts and agreed-upon-terms have been delivered
- Seek and complete Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from a variety of event promoters ranging from music to sports while working in collaboration with current Stadium partners (e.g. venue hospitality partner) and community partners (e.g. City of Austin and Austin Sports Commission)
- Be responsible for helping to develop, and ultimately achieve, revenue goals as it pertains to booking Stadium assets including (but not limited to): concerts and/or festivals ranging from 2K-22K patrons, sporting events, premium space rentals, and watch parties
- Manage clients from initial contact through actual booking, planning, and hosting the rental or execution of event. You will also be responsible for managing follow-up with clients as it relates to post-meeting/event evaluations, and you will maintain detailed records of all client interactions
- Develop and maintain music industry relationships with promoters, tour managers, and entertainment industry personnel including international, national, and local community clients
- Manage the Stadium master calendar ensuring booking accuracy
- Coordinate, compile, and maintain detailed show/event files including all related show information including (but not limited to): agreement, proforma, staffing numbers, 3rd party contracts, and final settlement
- Keep the Stadium listed in industry listings, association newsletters, and other industry related publications
- Research comparable venues and develop rates cards as it pertains to specific spaces within the Stadium
- Work alongside Vice President and Director of Stadium Operations to develop a tech pack to include set information, expense projections, preferred partners, availability, rigging capabilities, technology offerings, back-of-house accommodations, etc.
- Serve as the main point of contact between the booking client and Stadium
- Perform duties to support bookings and other events at the Stadium as required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years relevant event-booking experience
- Experience working with promoters and booking large, full scale events – namely music talent
- Entertainment industry contacts and relationships are a plus – namely music talent
- English language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus
- Experience in developing and managing budgets, and analyzing costs
- Ability to plan and subsequently meet/exceed budget expectations
- Working knowledge of Fire, Life, Safety, EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, and ADA rules and regulations
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, knowledge of current technologies and commitment to remain up to date with industry best practices
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion both internally and externally
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information
It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
- Some business travel may be required
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment
- Hours are variable and can easily include evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours