*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,500-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season.
Austin FC is actively seeking a driven and motivated Corporate Sponsorship Coordinator to manage the execution of partner activation programs, including generating incremental partner revenue by expanding corporate promotional programs and assets.
In this role, you will be responsible for connecting the Club with the Austin community to promote the Austin FC brand while building and maintaining relationships to eventually building sponsorship sales presentations in advance of the anticipated sold-out inaugural season. You will also participate in key marketing campaigns to educate the Austin community on Austin FC products and assist in the closing of fully integrated corporate sponsorship agreement to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
This unique role to help build a major league property and establish the core identity of a major league brand from the earliest stages is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin was selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last three years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
- Has a positive attitude, strong work ethic and passion for selling?
- Is goal oriented and driven to succeed?
- Is motivated by understanding a client’s needs and crafting creative solutions to meet those needs?
- Is resourceful, self-starter, with strong time management skills?
- Thrives in a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and quality?
- Consistently prioritizes projects, meetings and fast-changing schedules while remaining productive and professional?
- Enjoys being challenged and has a desire to develop innovative, positive outcomes?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization?
- Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Support senior staff in sponsorship sales meeting by building sponsorship sales presentations, sponsorship proposals, and setting up introductory meetings with guidance of the leadership staff
- Network at local events including community, partnership and other related opportunities
- Work with marketing, promotions, ticket sales, ticket services, public relations, community relations and other departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities, share new ideas and fulfill corporate partner programs.
- Be an active contributor in event planning and other sponsorship-related meetings
- Support the sales effort of the Corporate Sponsorship Department by creating sponsor proposals, updating CRM, and prospecting.
- Coordinates special events.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- High proficiency in relationship building, relationship management and networking skill
- Evidence of being a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to develop and implement processes and plans
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using a variety of media with diverse audiences
- English language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better
- An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and CRM systems. Proficiency in SalesForce/Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Prior sports and entertainment industry experience a plus, but not required
- Proficiency with presentation development, computer applications, and general office software is necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment
- Hours are variable and can easily include evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.