Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,500-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season.
Austin FC is actively seeking a creative and passionate Community Marketing Manager to communicate and engage with local businesses, local event organizers, and local community members to help grow brand awareness and brand adoption.
In this role, you will be responsible for researching, securing, and planning Austin FC’s brand presence at strategic gathering locations such as: Austin FC-operated events; community festivals; youth sports facilities; restaurants/bars; and Austin FC sponsor events/activations.
The Community Marketing Manager will collaborate with the Marketing, Corporate Partnership, and Ticket Sales departments to coordinate engaging activations that reflect the culture of the Club and city of Austin while maintaining brand consistency and also while achieving Austin FC’s objectives for awareness, engagement, and revenue.
This unique role to help build a major league property and establish the core identity of a major league brand from the earliest stages is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin was selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last three years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
Has a positive attitude, strong work ethic and passion for brand development?
- Feels a sense of pride and accomplishment in successfully executing a well-organized, well-coordinated event?
- Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Enjoys bringing passion for the brand to broad, diverse communities?
- Is motivated by understanding a client’s needs and crafting creative solutions to meet those needs?
- Thrives in a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and quality?
- Consistently prioritizes projects, meetings and fast-changing schedules while remaining productive and professional?
- Enjoys being challenged and has a desire to develop innovative, positive outcomes?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization?
- Support the overall strategy creation and implementation of Austin FC’s brand message through community initiatives and tactics
- Maintain and uphold brand standards and creatively harness internal and external resources to effectively growing the Austin FC brand
- Collaborate closely with the Community Engagement, Corporate Partnerships and Business Intelligence departments to develop messaging and sponsorship integration to optimize effectiveness
- Manage and maintain budgets for individual events including coordination with vendors, securing giveaway items and other necessary display items
- Effectively facilitate securing venues for events as well as fully activating community marketing events including day-of execution, display set-up, managing Launch Team Liaisons and communication with venue contacts
- Identify and develop relationships with organizations and event stakeholders to extend the Austin FC brand across Austin communities and Central Texas
- Develop and execute community marketing plans for Austin FC events and matchdays
- An ability to articulate a clear vision and story intended to establish an effective, respected brand for Austin FC
- Solid record of developing and implementing community marketing initiatives that consistently meet or exceed revenue objectives
- Experience in developing or supporting multicultural campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using a variety of media with diverse audiences
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion both internally and externally
- An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks
- Enjoy being challenged and have a desire to solve complex problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, knowledge of current technologies and commitment to remain up to date with industry best practices
- Prior sports and entertainment industry experience a plus, but not required
- English language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment
- Hours are variable and can easily include evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.