*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,500-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season.
Austin FC is actively seeking an experienced, driven, and motivated Business Solutions Analyst to manage the club’s data warehouse, provide actionable insights on fan behavior analysis, drive segmentation strategies and develop a centralized reporting system.
In this role, you will have primary oversight of the data warehouse and Tableau reporting system. You will be responsible for informing and supporting the ticketing, partnerships, and marketing departments with a wide range of projects that will center around our data warehouse.
This unique role to help build a major league property and establish the core identity of a major league brand from the earliest stages is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. The position is based in Austin, TX. Austin was selected by U.S. News and World Report in each of the last four years as the No. 1 place in the nation to live, while Forbes placed it at the top of its “Cities of the Future” list.
Are You Someone That:
- Uses data and science to inform effective business decisions?
- Wants to create a business intelligence program from the very beginning?
- Defines and executes data strategies in support of new business opportunities?
- Leverages data sciences and predictive analytics to identify opportunities for future growth?
- Understands the need to partner with (and support) non-revenue-generating departments?
- Consistently prioritizes projects, meetings and fast-changing schedules while remaining productive and professional?
- Enjoys being challenged and has a desire to develop innovative, positive outcomes?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the rapidly changing needs of a fast-paced / high-growth organization?
- Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Manage the Austin FC customer data warehouse, data marts and their ETL processes; oversee the implementation of new data sources, manage structural changes, and identify efficiencies; and
- Implement and educate stakeholders on data governance policies and best practices; and
- Support digital marketing efforts to deliver highly targeted, personalized, multi-channel contact strategies; ensuring design and functionality of our marketing automations and data integrations; and
- Analyze customer database and segment into meaningful clusters that allow differentiation in communications within marketing and sales outreach; and
- Produce and adjust Tableau reports that support various departments; and
- Fully understand the data structure to help support internal reporting needs; and
- Run ad-hoc data analysis as necessary
- Experience in a highly technical data focused role developing and maintaining data pipelines, data warehouses, data marts and BI implementations
- Demonstrated understanding of ETL processes and relational databases in both normalized and de-normalized models
- Ability to write complex SQL queries in support of ETL processes or BI reporting
- Experience with creating APIs to access data
- Experience and familiarity with relational database management systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, SAS Enterprise Guide or similar
- Proficiency with a business intelligence reporting and data visualization tool including Tableau, SAS VA, Power BI or similar
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related technical field
- English language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better
- An outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate and discover new possibilities
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion both internally and externally
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment
- Hours are variable and can easily include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.