*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer in January 2019 as the league’s 27th member club and will officially begin play in MLS in 2021 in a new, state-of-the-art 20,500-seat soccer stadium and public park scheduled to open during Austin FC’s inaugural season. We are actively seeking a U15 head coach to join our Academy Department.
In this job, you’ll become a critical member of our Academy department. You will be tasked with creating an optimal environment for player development for elite level talents and aspiring professional soccer players. You will lead an Academy team, support other academy teams, collaborate with highly driven sporting professionals, and take ownership over the individual development of each player you lead. You will embrace and help us continuously evolve and improve our game model, player development plan, style of play, and academy operations.
Are You Someone That:
- Is passionate about player development?
- Has a deep desire to plan, practice, reflect, and repeat?
- Is motivated to learn every day?
- Is detail-oriented, analytical, and attentive?
- Is driven to contribute to a sporting staff that has ambitious goals?
- Thrives while working as a positive team player to meet these goals?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the changing needs of a fast-paced growing organization?
- Coach and continue the development of Austin FC U-15 Academy Players
- Training x4 per week with weekend Development Academy matches
- Create an exciting daily training environment for players
- Extensively review and reflect on training sessions and games (player and coach)
- Support other Academy coaches with the execution of their sessions and gamedays
- Facilitate and support individual development plans for Academy players
- Aid in the player assessment and player integration for the Academy
- Communicate clearly and timely to leadership
- Acts as a positive role model and mentor for both staff and players
- Submit daily and weekly training logs according to session builder plan
- Attend evening, weekend and holiday tournaments, competitions, games, trainings as required
- Report and discuss talent in the age category with Austin FC Scouting Department
- Attend scheduled meetings as requested by the Austin FC Academy General Manager and Academy Technical Director
- Other duties as directed by the Sporting Director
- USSF ‘A’ license – mandatory
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 3-5 years experience in youth coaching at academy level, age specific 13-17 year old
- Proven knowledge of the American soccer system, playing experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with others
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, enthusiastic, flexible
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Must have access to reliable transportation to arrive at work site at scheduled time consistently
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft office; PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience using game analysis software (Sportscode, Nacsport, Hudl, Coachpaint, Tactical Board) is a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to acceptance.