Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Webmaster/Social Media Coordinator - Part-time
USA Water Polo
Huntington Beach, CA
Communications/Community Relations: Internet Communications
SCOPE OF POSITION
Part-time position assisting in all aspects of online and print communications, including website, digital, social media and magazine etc. In addition is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to increase fan base on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube by developing tactics to increase participation. Also collaborates with marketing and events to create relevant content and interactive media experiences thorough the social sites.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
· Maintains the website including building, uploading and approving pages.
· Coordinates development of website in collaboration with Communications team.
· Works with different departments to develop new website content
· Implements USAWP branding throughout web portal
· Social media posting, development and monitoring
· Writing assignments including feature articles and short form content
· Prepares monthly statistics reports on website and social and digital media
· Other duties as requested
· Creativity and passion for online communications
· Expertise in website editing and management, including HTML literacy
· Proven experience with coordinating website redesign project and working with third party vendors
· Design skills, including webpage layout and photography
· Knowledge of Google Analytics
· Excellent skills in social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
· Excellent spoken and written English, other languages an asset
· Skills in Adobe design programs an advantage (particularly Photoshop etc.)
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent writing ability including but not limited to: feature writing, press releases, public relation pitches, etc.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
· Experience with implementing communications strategies via online channels
· Background in water polo or sports would be an advantage
· BA/BS degree (or in progress) in marketing, advertising or other applicable areas of study
· Minimum of 1+ years of social media marketing experience
· Expertise in use of online networking sites
· Proficiency in Office software applications
· Possess ability to plan sharp and innovative strategies
· Requires ability to engage in respectful and effective communication
· Strong knowledge of water polo/sports a plus
· Ability to work irregular hours as needed including weekends.
· Maturity, positive attitude, flexibility, high professional standards and ethics, ability to get along with a wide variety of people in a teamwork environment, ability to work with minimal instruction, prioritize, organize, while maintaining a good sense of humor.
$20 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.