At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the largest multisport organization in the world and the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, and innovation is our strategy. We do this by listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model. Service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion are central to our core values.
We are also all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits, a micro gym on-site, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
To assist with general ledger and overall accounting functions.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- General accounting functions relating to all month-end close, reconciliations, financial accuracy & financial reporting
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations, adjusting journal entries, and general accounting.
- Participates in month-end process and general ledger reconciliations.
- Provides asset and depreciation management.
- Generates monthly reports as needed.
- Assists with adherence and compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Assist with year-end financial audit and 990 completion.
- Serves as a backup to payroll.
- Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Assist with the company-wide budgetary planning.
- Assist with the adequacy of internal controls.
- Other duties as assigned
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
A cover letter is required along with your resume.
We do not offer relocation assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Microsoft Office: Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook & Power Point
- Problem solver with a deep understanding of accounting best practices
- Curiosity in emerging financial technologies
- Extensive understanding of business financials and reporting processes
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.