At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits, a micro gym on-site, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work. (https://www.outsideonline.com/2418305/best-places-work-2020). USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018 and 2019. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
This position assists with managing risk and compliance for the Legal Department at USA Triathlon. Plays a critical role to ensure that USA Triathlon is in compliance with the U.S. Center for SafeSport and the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee requirements. Builds and maintains strong relationships across the organization to implement policies and procedures that mitigate risk.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively monitors and enforces SafeSport training and compliance requirements by the U.S. Center for SafeSport
- Works closely with the Senior Counsel to manage outside litigation
- Drafts board resolutions, legal research memos, contracts, SafeSport investigation supporting documents, policies and procedures
- Prepares and produces responses to subpoena requests
- Manages annual insurance renewal process
- Works with committee, staff and board liaisons to ensure accuracy of committee rosters, contact information, minutes and annual reports, among others
- Administers annual conflict of interest disclosure process for the board, staff and committee members
- Ensures accuracy of all board and committee information on website
- Interacts with job candidates to schedule interviews, prepare offer and rejection letters and maintain applicant tracking system
- Manages background check system, track background checks for all constituents and ensure compliance
- Other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; adept at relationship-building
- Proficient at managing multiple responsibilities, initiatives and projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree required; J.D. preferred
- Background in compliance, audit, accounting or law preferred but not required
- Minimum of 1-5 years of legal, risk or compliance experience
- Strong computer and mobile device skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel for events and work a flexible schedule, including off-hours, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment as part of a team atmosphere, including effective coordination with other business units
A cover letter is required along with your resume.
We do not offer relocation assistance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.