Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
High Performance Squad Assistant Coach
Colorado Springs, CO
Player Operations: Coach - Elite Athlete Coach
Job Title: High Performance Squad Assistant Coach
Reports To: High Performance Squad Head Coach
This position is responsible for assisting the implementation and delivery of the athlete performance strategy for US elite athletes in the context of USA Triathlon’s Squad Structure and in direct support of the High Performance Squad Head Coach. The primary training base of the squad is in Carlsbad, CA. The position includes the exercise of utmost discretion and independent judgement with respect to all matters relating to the effective coaching of the squad and the support of the head coach. This position also serves as a conduit for elite coach development, with the goal of developing coaches that create high performance squads of their own. Squad athletes will include but are not limited to identified and invited “talent acceleration” athletes, USA Triathlon Elite Athletes and a limited number of International Elite Triathletes.
To play a key supporting role in the development of US draft-legal triathletes to top level world standards. To concurrently advance a future career as an elite triathlon coach.
USA Triathlon promotes and endorses the concept of “hands-on” coaching delivered in a “Daily Performance Environment” (DPE), whereby training and learning sessions are delivered in person by a world class qualified and capable coach.
General Duties and Responsibilities
· Can-do, all-in mindset
· Demonstrated coaching and athlete support experience with draft-legal triathlon
· Experience in running a program delivering “hands on” coaching
· Ability to establish appropriate and effective coaching relationships with elite athletes
· Strong understanding of short and long-term athlete development
· Excellent administrative, organizational, written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated proficiency in the use and implementation of scientifically validated athlete monitoring tools
· A strong understanding of team dynamics and successful experience in being part of successful teams
· Ability to travel extensively and work weekends/holidays as dictated by athlete training, camp and event schedules
· Specific understanding and some experience of coaching all the disciplines of draft-legal triathlon and a clear grasp of the sport and trends in ITU draft legal competition
· Commitment to long-term USA national program excellence and collaboration with peer coaches for the common advancement of the federation and athlete results on the international stage
· Current USAT coach certification or intention to secure such certification within 6 months of position commencement
· Ability to work as a coach in the USA
· Valid driver’s license
Compensation and Benefits:
Full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience plus benefits including health, dental, 401(k), disability and vacation/personal time.
Application Procedure: Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing essential qualifications.
USA Triathlon is the national governing body for the multisport disciplines of triathlon and duathlon in the United States. The National Office is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This year USAT has sanctioned over 1,500 multisport events in the United States. Please refer to the USA Triathlon website for more information about the organization, www.usatriathlon.org.