At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits, a micro gym on-site, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work. (https://www.outsideonline.com/2418305/best-places-work-2020). USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018 and 2019. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
USA Triathlon’s vision is to grow, inspire and support the triathlon/multisport community. The Director of Constituent Relationships will be the leader of the team on the front line that connects with our constituents and members and transforms USA Triathlon into the most valued service leader in the industry. This role will lead all constituent and community relationships (i.e., coaches, race directors, members, clubs, volunteers, fans) including inbound and outbound engagement. They will ensure USAT creates a premium experience for all of our constituents that inspires and connects the triathlon community to USA Triathlon and each other.
The Director of Constituent Relationships is a key member of the Senior Management Team and will serve as a strategic and operational leader, reporting directly to the Chief Sport Development Officer.
The role will require an established track record of exceeding targets, customer service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in a quality led environment.
The role has significant levels of responsibility and accountability for both strategy, management and operational delivery with a primary focus on serving and engaging our community.
- The Director of Constituent Relationships is responsible for identifying and developing all process, performance improvements and efficiencies for the customer and for leading/developing a team, who will be delivering customer interactions across multiple channels (email, phone and other online communications platforms like live chat, video, and social media). They must be an experienced manager of people both internally and outside of the organization and skilled in the development and maintenance of personal relationship and connections with each of the noted constituencies. Additionally, they will be expected to work effectively and closely with all other Federation, USOPC peers and endemic community leaders to seek and influence customer improvements
- Establish personal relationships and connections with every certified race director, coach, club and official
- Facilitate connections within the triathlon/multisport community
- Upgrade a membership service strategy that creates one-to-one, long-lasting relationships with members through multiple communication points of contact, while tracking touch points in database (future CRM)
- Strategically lead and develop a service management team to enhance performance by setting clear accountable performance measures
- Empower and motivate the Customer Service Team
- Coach and listen to staff’s views as a sounding board for seeking short- and long-term improvement and to create operational efficiencies
- Work effectively and closely with all other Federation, USOPC peers and endemic community leaders to seek and influence customer improvements
- Ensure that USA Triathlon’s services are meeting the needs of members, partners, vendors and key stakeholders through surveys, town halls and other means to assess how USAT is performing
General Duties and Responsibilities
SERVE AND ENGAGE OUR COMMUNITY. Provide exceptional service and value to our constituent groups – including Race Directors and Event Production Companies, Coaches, Officials, Clubs, Volunteers and Fans, and any other individuals or organizations that support the triathlon/multisport community.
- Lead relationship and service strategies across all constituent groups
- Lead the organization in developing the best use its available resources
- Serve as the lead in maximizing constituents’ support of key organizational resources and best practices
- Proactively Position USA Triathlon as the service leader for constituent relationships and membership service
- Establish personal relationships and connections with every race director, certified coach, club and official
- Lead proactive and genuine engagement with others in the triathlon/multisport community to gain trust and support key initiatives that help the organization reach its goals
- Implement service best practices, policies and processes
- Clearly, proactively and consistently communicate value propositions to all constituents
- Lead constituent committees, task forces and other working groups to engage, solicit feedback and learn from our community to inform actionable strategies and tactics
- Improve NPS (Net Promoter Score) – CSAT (Customer Satisfaction), or other Customer Metrics throughout a given year
LEAD A BEST IN CLASS SERVICE TEAM DEPARTMENT: foster a best-in-class culture, mindset and environment that inspires our team and community to achieve personal bests every day both in sport and in life.
- Lead the relationship and service team and all day-to-day operations for the department
- Ensure operational efficiencies and best practices are consistently evaluated and implemented including technology, processes, systems, service level agreements and policies
- Develop, measure, and consistently report to the Executive Leadership Team on key performance indicators
- Lead, develop, empower and motivate the service team
- Responsible for the department profit and loss and financial reporting
- Work effectively and closely with all other National Governing Bodies, the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee, World Triathlon and endurance sport leaders to seek and influence customer improvements
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships
- Extensive experience managing customer service teams
- Senior level management and strategic experience
- Established track record of exceeding targets, customer service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in a quality led environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to adapt and succeed in a changing environment
- Ability to coach, mentor, motivate, and lead high performing teams
- Team builder and team player with the ability to manage a diverse staff and to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management and members
- Proactive, self-directed and approachable problem-solver who confers a sense of urgency and customer service with the entire multisport community in mind
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment as part of a team atmosphere, including effective coordination with other business units
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-7 years relevant experience in service performing the essential duties listed above
- Senior level sports leadership with oversight of large and small groups a plus but not a requirement
A cover letter is required along with your resume. Please also include answers to the questions below:
- What are your salary expectations?
- Are you willing to relocate to Colorado Springs?
- What most excites you about USA Triathlon?
Please note we do not offer relocation assistance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.