The USA Swimming Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of USA Swimming and works to strengthen the sport of swimming from grass roots to gold medals. Established in 2004, the USA Swimming Foundation raises funds to support programs that save lives and build champions. Whether we're equipping our children and adults with learn-to swim skills through our learn-to-swim initiative or providing financial support to USA Swimming member clubs and heroes on the U.S. National Team, the fundraising efforts of the Foundation are critical to the sport of swimming.
The Development Coordinator will assist in all activities performed for the philanthropic arm of USA Swimming. Reporting to the Director of Development, this position will be instrumental in driving fundraising and goodwill for the Foundation’s activities.
- Support the Foundation Board of Directors with (but not limited to):
- Meeting management and prep
- Board Paq management
- Give/Get tracking and support
- 4-Pillar support
- Lead Golden Goggles Auction – to include (but not limited to):
- soliciting donations
- listing items online
- prepping in-venue items
- fulfillment of items to recipients
- tracking funds received
- Support Annual Fund strategies and execution
- Keep USA Swimming Foundation website landing pages updated with fresh content to support Foundation strategies
- Assist in Donation Stewardship through:
- Gift Processing
- Support the fulfillment of grant proposals by:
- Identifying new grant opportunities as determined by Director of Development
- Drafting proposals and reports
- Distributing money raised
- Assist in Donation Processing
- Support any event management and execution
- Support the budget management with tracking and forecasting several Foundation programs
- Manage Swim A Thon administration in the near term, to include team support, prize fulfillment, etc.
- Assist in administrative support as requested
- Minimum Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in MS Office products (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must take initiative, be motivated, flexible and resourceful.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Outgoing and friendly. Comfortable interacting with diverse groups of people and a variety of personality types.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal staff and external customers
- Team player
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Maintain confidentiality when necessary
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of the time
Compensation Range: $38,000 - $42,000 / year
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer