Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Training & Education Internship, Summer 2018
MUST QUALIFY FOR COLLEGE CREDIT
Training and Education Internship
This internship is expected to start in Mid May 2018 and continue through August 2018 based at the National Office in Lafayette, Colorado. Interns must be eligible to receive college credit, or be satisfying an academic requirement, in order to be considered. This is intended to be a full-time internship (40 hrs per week), however, part-time applicants will also be considered.
The primary focus of this internship is to support and assist the research, development, and implementation of Training and Education programs, events, and other tasks which contribute to the growth of rugby in the United States. Educational streams include coaching, officiating, strength and conditioning, administrative and medical.
• Support Training and Education Department staff in the administration of events such as clinics and educator workshops
• Assist in the creation and development of electronic materials and online courses, through the department online learning management system
• Assist in daily database operations including but not limited to: clinic postings, membership registrations, and certification
• Assist in the creation of promotional materials for clinics and workshops
• Assist in research on demographic data, as it pertains to department diversity initiatives and programs
• Assist in content development, formatting, and distribution of departmental newsletter
• Assist in the planning and implementing of meetings and conferences dedicated to training and education
• Assist in the development of an educational presence via a variety of social media platforms
• Office administrative tasks such as mailing, inventory, data entry, etc.
• Respond to Training and Education inquiries and provide information and resources as requested
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to perform basic database and administrative functions
• Experience using Microsoft Office suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Must be able to work largely independently and as part of a team
• Experience with online learning management systems and course development
• Strong customer service and communication skills: written and verbal
• Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking, and prioritization capabilities
• Experience with web platform development strongly preferred but not a requirement
• Ability to speak a second language a plus but not a requirement
Benefits to Intern:
• Experience and insight into working for a United States Olympic Committee National Governing Body.
• Skill development in administration, event management, online educational platforms, database management, marketing, and social media.
• Working knowledge and networking opportunities in sport management at National and local levels.
• Access to professional development in the areas of membership, communication, events, youth program development, high performance, finance, HR, and fundraising.
Percentage of duties:
45%- Customer service by, email, phone and in person contact
35%- Training and education resource development
10%- Event and marketing initiative support
10%- All other duties assigned
Please submit complete resume and cover letter with application.