Accountant performs regular accounting functions including: entries, reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivables, processing and reporting ensuring accuracy and compliance. Multi company general ledger/inter-company transactions.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts payable duties including vendor set up, invoice processing, check processing, and problem resolution of vendor invoice issues.
- Accounts Receivable duties including invoice creation, monthly customer statements, aging reports and problem resolution of customer invoice issues.
- Responsible for cash handling and deposit preparation.
- Maintain files, including scanning and filing of G/L journal entries, accounts payable and accounts receivable documentation, and other items.
- Preparation of multi company annual 1099’s for review by Supervisor.
- Maintain record keeping and file maintenance.
- Update and maintain excel spreadsheets.
- Assist Supervisor with annual budget preparation.
- Serve as backup for payroll processing.
- Collaborate with external auditors as needed.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal tax filings and reporting requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner as agreed upon.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 1-3 years’ of related accounting experience.
- Accounts Payable, Receivable, and General Ledger experience.
- Knowledge of Excel to perform daily tasks, processing, various data analysis and create/edit documents.
- Maintain confidentiality, both internally and externally, of all matters.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- GAAP- Maintain an understanding of general accepted accounting principles.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Analytical and research skills and the ability to effectively problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 accounting software preferred.
- Ceridian DayForce software preferred.
- Standard office equipment.
- Office in a multi-level building.
- COVID-19 considerations: Hybrid work arrangement consisting of onsite and remote work may be arranged during COVID.
Salary: This is a full-time position with an excellent benefit package. Hours are Monday – Friday; 37.5 hours per week.
Availability: Position to begin immediately at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, MI.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.