Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Sports Jobs in Lancaster, PA
Player Operations: Field Hockey Coach
The Men’s National Indoor Head Coach is responsible for development and implementation of training for the US Men’s National Indoor Teams. He/She will provide coaching instruction and evaluation for ultimate invitation to Team Trials. Emphasis on the evaluation, recruitment, and selection processes are vital in this role to ensure the best players represent the US Men’s National Indoor Team that will lead to success in FIH, PAHF, and Domestic competition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a training and competition regime for the US Men’s National Indoor Squad (in cooperation with other staff and volunteer coaches in the national team system) that will lead to success in FIH, PAHF, and Domestic competition
- Development of the overall regimen of hockey techniques and tactical training, competition, and other training needs to include providing for psychology, nutrition, medicine, science, technology and other performance enhancement tools as available, necessary, and appropriate
- Responsible for evaluating, recruiting, and selecting the best players available to play on the US Men’s National Indoor Team (in cooperation with other staff, and volunteer coaches in the national system) in compliance with USA Field Hockey and US Olympic Committee guidelines for athlete selection
- Develop, with staff and selected volunteers, 2-year and 4-year high performance plans (including budget, staffing, competition, facilities, and other resource acquisition) to secure support for the program
- Represent USA Field Hockey at all times in a professional and personal manner that reflect positively upon the program, organization, and the United States of America
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree is a requirement of this position
Licensure & Certification:
- Level 2 High Performance Field Hockey Coaching Qualification
- International Indoor Certification is a plus
- Experience of successful performance achievements at international level as a player and in a coaching capacity
- Experience and proven capability in the holistic development of athletes and programs
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing and implementing a comprehensive high performance coaching program for elite teams and athletes
- Experience of coaching within a high performance team and network and ensured the potential of all contributors was maximized
- Knowledge of leading trends in coaching, including coaching science, practices and the appropriate application of leading technology tools
- The ability to effectively work with and apply expertise from support services to ensure team success
- The ability to attain excellence from players, coaches, staff and all stakeholders through the establishment of a culture of excellence
- Minimum 2 years’ high performance coaching experience that has achieved demonstrable results
- Outstanding technical knowledge of individual and team principles including techniques, tactics, coaching trends and international developments
- In-depth understanding and application of the principles of coaching, sport science, medicine and technology within a high performance program
- Highly developed liaison with good interpersonal, oral and written communication, and people management skills
- High level of influencing skills
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal and written
- Sound administration skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to meet competing demands through effective prioritization in a results oriented environment
- Efficient and organized, and strong awareness of self and self-regulation
- Demonstrated success in managing individual differences and group dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, observe confidentiality and use discretion and initiative
- Excellent observational and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a pressured environment of irregular and long hours, and capacity to travel domestically and overseas for extended periods
- Driven by achieving results, a passion to succeed
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions:
This is primarily a field position where incumbent will be primarily standing, bending, crawling, crouching, and lifting of not more than 20lbs. Some office work will be required so incumbent will need to be able to successfully operate office equipment with ease. Noise levels can be rather loud especially in indoor settings where whistles and crowd applause may be excessive. Traveling long distances by plane or car is required and may require sitting for long periods of time. Incumbent must be flexible with their schedule as work on weekends, evenings and occasional holidays may also be required.
Work Location: Varies
Salary Range: Volunteer Position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What level of Field Hockey coach certification do you hold?
Are you a U.S. Citizen?