USA Field Hockey is the National Governing Body for the sport of field hockey in the USA. USA Field Hockey has over 27,000 members and oversees the junior national and Olympic teams and is responsible for the development and promotion of the game throughout the USA. As part of its continuing drive to achieve and maintain international excellence in the women’s game, USA Field Hockey is looking to recruit two Goalkeeping Coaches to work across the four teams in the Junior High Performance Pathway. The Junior High Performance Goalkeeping Coaches will be responsible for working closely with the Senior Manager of Junior High Performance to ensure the delivery of effective and aligned goalkeeping support at Junior High Performance training camps (U16, “O16 + HS”, U21 and Women’s Development Teams). Emphasis on the evaluation and development of the players individually is vital in this role to ensure the best goalkeepers progress along the USA Field Hockey Olympic Development Pathway to represent the US Women’s National Teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the on-field delivery of the USA Goalkeeper Development Framework ensuring that the goalkeepers are fully integrated with their age group team.
- Assist the Junior High Performance Head Coaches to develop and implement a High-Performance environment in which the goalkeepers develop and become aware of the demands and needs playing at an international level.
- Assist the Junior High Performance Head Coaches in the introduction and development of hockey techniques, tactical training, competition, and other training (including principles of psychology, nutrition and other performance enhancement tools)
- Assist the Junior High Performance Head Coaches and Senior Manager of Junior High Performance with the evaluation and selection of the best goalkeepers available to play on the age group teams (in cooperation with other volunteer coaches in the national system) in compliance with USA Field Hockey and US Olympic Committee guidelines for athlete selection. The Senior Manager of Junior High Performance shall make ultimate selection decisions.
- Work with the Junior High Performance team to ensure effective integration of technical coaching and support services and communications across the Junior High Performance Program.
- Monitor and evaluate athlete performance and record relevant data to ensure standards are met and potential is maximized
- Represent USA Field Hockey at all times in a professional and personal manner that reflects positively upon the program, organization, and the United States of America.
Reports To: Senior Manager of Junior High Performance
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree is a requirement of this position
- Licensure & Certification: Level 2 High Performance Field Hockey Coaching
- Strong communication skills, people management skills (especially young athletes)
- In depth knowledge and practical experience of supporting the development of goalkeepers, preferably in a high performance environment
- Willingness to work collaboratively to further the development of the USA Goalkeeper Development Framework
- Good observational and analytical skills.
- Be an inspiring leader for young athletes
- Oversee the development of the individual athletes
- Ability to successfully manage individual differences and group dynamics
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, observe confidentiality and use discretion and initiative.
- Organizational and management skills, working in conjunction with administration
- Capacity to travel domestically and sometimes overseas. The schedule is built around weekends and possible school holidays in order to accommodate the athletes in the best way possible, this requires certain flexibility in your schedule.
- Driven by achieving results, a passion to succeed
- The Junior High Performance Program is mainly based in Lancaster, PA.
Salary Range: Volunteer Position
- This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of the organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.