USA Cycling is a proud member of the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) and United States Olympic Committee (USOC). Within the United States, USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross, and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports a community of diverse cyclists from all backgrounds, at all levels, including those just beginning in the sport and participating in fun rides to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing.
USA Cycling is headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2020. In 1920, the organization began as The Amateur Bicycle League of America and evolved to become the United States Cycling Federation in 1975 and ultimately USA Cycling, Inc. in 1995. USA Cycling's 100,000+ members are comprised of racers and cyclists of all ages and abilities, coaches, officials, mechanics, and race directors.
Sponsorship Internship (Unpaid)
Bouker Pool (Chief Commercial Officer)
08/2020-12/31/2020 or 08/2020-05/2021 depending on intern schedule availability
Colorado Springs, CO
This position is a phenomenal opportunity for an energetic and dedicated college student looking to gain hands-on professional experience within the cycling ecosystem! USA Cycling will have you mentor alongside our Communications team and expose you to a variety of features of sponsorship/client relations. The Sponsorship Intern will learn while providing assistance in the following areas: lead generation ideas, sales presentations, activation and sponsorship fulfillment. The USA Cycling Sponsorship Internship is unpaid and there is no entitlement to a paid job at the conclusion of the internship.
SPONSORSHIP INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly research latest marketing trends and find best ways to promote brands.
- Developing creative sales strategies for sourcing and identifying high quality partnership opportunities for USA Cycling.
- Research brand and activation strategies and ways to engage better with existing clients.
- Craft and develop marketing sales proposals and presentations for potential USA Cycling partners.
- Sponsorship fulfillment via social media and email activations in coordination with marketing team.
- Assigned to special projects, tasks as needed
INTERNSHIP EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s degree program (Marketing & Communications/Sport Management or similar)
ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP QUALIFICATIONS:
- Communication: Excellent verbal presentation and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration: Ability and desire to work collaboratively across multiple staff levels in the organization
- Organization: High level ability to multi-task, set priorities, manage own time, monitor progress and strong attention to detail with a fast-paced environment
- Based in Colorado for the duration of the internship period
- Please apply online at https://www.usacycling.org/about-us/jobs and include a cover letter and a detailed resume.
USA Cycling is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.