Director of Membership - USA Cycling (Remote Work Opportunity)
USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports a community of diverse cyclists at all levels, from those just beginning in the sport and participating in fun rides to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing. We champion every aspect of the sport as advocates for the best of American cycling.
The Director of Membership works across multiple departments and will report directly to our Chief Commercial Officer. The role will be a key partner in communication of our membership value proposition to the 100,000+ current racers, riders and event owners within USA Cycling, as well as the expansive enthusiast space. The Membership Department’s core objective is to enhance the cycling experiences of USA Cycling members and grow its membership by creating a range of enhanced products and services which meet the needs of the American cycling community.
- Meet or exceed Membership goals associated with direct mail, e-appeals, renewals and Membership campaigns.
- Partnership with the Brand Manager to develop a detailed calendar, execute direct marketing/acquisition activities, and monitor the calendar for completion of tasks.
- Manage the annual Membership budget, including tracking of monthly and annual metrics.
- Work closely with Membership Services to:
- Organize and distribute communications to current members to increase member engagement and retention.
- Develop and implement innovative programs and projects to thank steward donors.
- Develop and implement new member acknowledgement system -- draft thank you letters, receipts, pledge statements, and implement system for cultivation calls for increased donor retention.
- Manage internal data pulls, review of direct marketing and membership package design and vendor relationships; manage extraction/segmentations of communications.
- Enter and track member activity in Salesforce.
- Track membership marketing, and other campaign performance broken down by segment, indicating response rates, conversion, fulfillment, and revenue, produce weekly and monthly reports with this information, analyzing membership trends and results.
- Work cross-departmentally to implement reliable and successful electronic membership campaigns.
- Production of membership reports based on membership type and demographic data.
- Community outreach and collaboration within a diverse and complex cycling community to identify issues and enhance programs and services.
- Customer service: Focusing on customers and developing solutions which meet their needs or desires.
- Perform these above and other duties as assigned.
- Generally requires 5 years membership marketing and acquisition experience
- Work background in a membership setting with direct mail, e-appeals, and/or telemarketing
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding clearly defined membership and revenue goals
- Strong research and analytics background
- Familiarity with CRM and marketing automation tools such as Salesforce or Marketo
- Home office space that allows you to perform job responsibilities in a quiet work area with reliable internet service
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to succeed under pressure
- Ability to think critically about priorities and make smart trade-offs
- Attention to detail and show commitment to quality results
- Excellent verbal/written presentation and interpersonal skills
- Positive, can-do attitude with ability to be creative in overcoming resource limitations
- Willingness to work non-traditional work hours including some weekends and holidays
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 15-20 %
- Domestic travel is currently restricted to trips considered mission critical to USA Cycling. We encourage all staff to review CDC and state public health webpages for policies and recommendations relevant to the area they will be traveling to.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position that is offering a 100% remote work environment.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive total rewards package (Medical/Dental/Vision/Health Savings Account/403(b)/Paid Holidays), an exciting work environment and inclusive culture
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.