USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success. USA Cycling supports cyclists at all levels, from those just beginning their personal journey in the sport as enthusiasts to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing. USA Cycling is actively engaged in the ongoing work of growing the cycling community-internally and externally-to better reflect the diversity of the country. Our staff works in a virtual environment and is now geographically spread well beyond our Colorado Springs headquarters. By joining USA Cycling, you will be able to apply your individual talent and passion towards shaping the future of our organization from anywhere in the United States!
- Leadership and accountability of all aspects of one or more given technology products, including day-to-day product management.
- Manage product feedback loop cross functionally to ensure that organizational objectives are aligned.
- Leads daily stand-up calls in ScrumMaster capacity with internal and augmented development teams (DSU); assigns tickets as necessary
- Translate market research into creative fresh ideas and insightful feedback to ensure USAC product remains competitive.
- Actively define and prioritize product requirements ensuring that multiple perspectives including that of the customer are accounted for.
- Maintain and improve a suite of existing products, features, or functions, including documentation, messaging, positioning and business models so that all stakeholders have access to clear consumable information
- Full execution and planning of product roadmaps and marketing objectives.
- Cross-functional work with product owners to establish release cycles and launch dates based on product roadmaps and business requirements
- Define internal and external testing (UAT) parameters and record feedback.
- Troubleshoot/resolve conflicts that arise throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Key partnership with Executive Director of Technology to manage day-to-day priorities and output of internal development team and external vendors.
- Active and open communication across all levels of the organization.
- Performs these and other duties as assigned.
- DevOps background with an ability to leverage existing technology and services to meet organizational needs; understanding of relational databases a huge plus
- Generally requires 3 years Product Owner or Product Management role experience
- Demonstrated success working in an Agile/Scrum work environment
- Experience with remote work teams and the ability to stay connected within that environment
- Familiarity with back-end of SalesForce and Shopify platforms a plus
- Competency in product owner tools such as Jira, MS Office, BitBucket and CI/CD systems
- Home office space that allows you to perform job responsibilities in a quiet work area with reliable internet service
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to succeed under pressure
- A continuous learner with a proven track record of innovation and creativity
- Ability to think critically about prioritization decisions and make smart trade-offs
- Teamwork: working selflessly with others in pursuit of a common cause
- Attention to detail and show commitment to quality results
- Excellent verbal/written presentation and interpersonal skills
- Positive, can-do attitude with ability to be creative in overcoming resource limitations
- Willingness to work non-traditional work hours including some weekends and holidays
- Less than 5 %
- Domestic travel is currently restricted to trips considered mission critical to USA Cycling. We encourage all staff to review CDC and state public health webpages for policies and recommendations relevant to the area they will be traveling to.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position that is offering a 100% remote work environment.
- Base salary range for the position is $65,000-80,000 annually.
- Comprehensive total rewards package (Medical/Dental/Vision/Health Savings Account/403(b)/Paid Holidays/Discretionary Bonus), an exciting work environment and inclusive culture
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.