Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Sports Jobs in Colorado Springs · CO
Technical Services: Technical Services Management
USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports cyclists at all levels, from those just beginning in the sport and participating in fun rides to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing. By joining USA Cycling, you will be able apply your individual talent and passion to our mission and shape the future of our organization! We are retiring our existing legacy systems and building new customer products from the ground up with new technologies and UX design. It’s the perfect time to play a key role in creating the next generation of products that serve the cycling community. As part of the team, you will manage an internal team of developers and our many partners; and contribute your own broad technical skills that span the development lifecycle across all projects. The ideal candidate has at least 5-7 years of development experience and 2-3 years as a technical lead or manager.
The Technology Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Execution of full delivery (designing, developing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting) of applications to satisfy business requirements
- Scrum/agile objectives, processes, and procedures
- Collaborate with existing USAC business teams to align on product roadmaps
- Integrate with and support of CRM, BI, and POS technologies
- Provide technology leadership in systems, application, and database architecture
- Require compliance and consistency in code management and dev ops processes
- Perform these and other duties as assigned
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Experience building web applications with PHP 5.5 – 7.x and Laravel framework
- Experience building and interacting with RESTful APIs
- Experience working in and managing AWS environments
- Experience with eCommerce or POS products (Shopify, Magento, Netsuite eCommerce)
- Experience with Financial systems a plus
- Managing source code using git or other similar VCS
- Knowledge of Composer, Docker, and package management procedures
- Comfortable with the concepts and creation of automated tests (TDD, integration testing, etc.)
- Practical experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Comfortable using CSS preprocessors (SASS, SCSS, Less)
- Thrive on responsibility and display a passion for quality results
- Ability to think critically about prioritization decisions and make smart trade-off
- A continuous learner with a proven track record of innovation and creativity
- Power to build positive, professional relationships with internal and external customers and members of the Cycling community
- Positive, can-do attitude with ability to be creative in overcoming resource limitations.
- Willingness to work non-traditional work hours including some weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working as part of a team or leading a team on medium-to-large scale applications
- Laravel (4.1 – 5.*), Angular, and MySQL & 3rd party POS, CRM, and BI products
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time exempt position based in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package, an exciting work environment and inclusive culture.
USA Cycling is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have experience leading a team of developers?
Do you have experience building web applications with PHP 5.5 – 7.x and Laravel framework ?
Do you have experience building and interacting with RESTful APIs?
Do you experience working in and managing AWS environments?
Do you have experience with eCommerce or POS products (Shopify, Magento, Netsuite eCommerce)?