Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Sports Jobs in Colorado Springs , CO
Marketing Content Specialist - USA Cycling (Colorado Springs, CO)
As the Marketing Content Specialist for USA Cycling, you will be part of the team that executes and markets the USA Cycling brand and communication to its constituents. In this role, you will be part of the execution of brand campaigns, marketing, and drive awareness of the organization and the organization’s goals to the media and the social media community. Closely monitoring public reaction and conversation related to USA Cycling is a critical responsibility. You will play a leading role to support the relationships with our communications agency and freelancers involved in Communications. Internally you will be asked to present reports and/or projects from the Marketing and Communications Department in selected meetings to support Membership, Event Services, Event Operations, Elite Athletics, Safe Sport, the Executive Office and other departments. This role reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications, and is a critical and highly-visible role both within the organization and with external stakeholders (National and Endemic media, U.S. Olympic Committee, etc.).
- Create press releases, media advisories and media reference documents to create greater exposure for USA Cycling, the U.S. National Team and membership programs
- Create content (features) to showcase and support the U.S. National Team, Membership, Event Services, Event Operations, Safe Sport, and develop stories to support USA Cycling’s growth in advocacy
- Assist in coordinating media inquiries for USA Cycling National Team athletes, USA Cycling Staff and other parties related to the sport of cycling or assigned by the Marketing & Communications Manager
- Manage, create and distribute USA Cycling membership newsletters: The Hub and the Spoke
- Develop and execute digital content, ensuring adherence to brand guidelines
- Support overall promotion communication needs across all digital properties
- Monitor and maintain website content across usacycling.org to ensure accuracy, efficiency and overall alignment with the product communication strategy
- Partner with cross functional teams ensure alignment of efforts across all USA Cycling programs and products
- Lead efforts in social media promotion of the National Team athletes, Grassroots racing, the sport of Cycling, USA Cycling programs and campaigns and other relevant topics related to USA Cycling’s mission
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient communication skills – written and oral with the ability to look for insights and approach new ways to problem solve
- Proven knowledge and expertise of social media platforms used for marketing promotions
- Knowledge of the sport of Cycling and the community of Cycling
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 year(s) of Marketing or Communications experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficient in Adobe Suite products (Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.)
- Travel and participate in associated brand activities that require social media management and content creation
- Ability to travel domestically, up to 20%, including weekends
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- This is a full-time non-exempt position located in Colorado Springs, CO
- Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits package, an exciting work environment and inclusive culture
USA Cycling is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have 1-2 years of Marketing or Communications experience?
Are you willing to travel domestically up to 20%, including weekends?
Do you have proven expertise in using social media platforms for marketing promotions? Explain in detail.