Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Sports Jobs in Colorado Springs, CO
Communications/Community Relations: Communications Department Management
USA Cycling's mission is to develop the sport of cycling in the United States at all levels and to achieve sustained international racing success while fostering a shared commitment to safety, integrity and the joy of cycling. We are looking for skilled, motivated and passionate professional to join our team! The Communications Manager oversees initiatives in support of our overall marketing and communications strategy. The Communications Manager is responsible for effective communication with USA Cycling constituents with the goal of growing our brand and increase awareness of the sport of cycling in America.
The Communications Manager will be directly responsible for the following:
- Craft communications strategy and oversee social media for assigned Business Units and projects
- Creates or sources original content including written features, press releases and newsletters
- Responsible for maintaining assigned content on USACycling.org
- Manages and maintains earned and owned media measurement tools
- Create and distribute information to endemic, Olympic and mainstream sports media
- Fulfill media requests for interviews, photos, statistics and related information
- Maintain USA Cycling media, agency and influencer distribution lists
- Manage media operations on-site at major national cycling events
- Support activation management for key USA Cycling partners
- Maintain department’s administrative needs including vendor payment processing and budget tracking
- Advanced verbal and written communication and editing skills
- Experience managing website content and proficiency with content management systems (WordPress)
- Skilled with social media; familiar with best practices (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Strava, Twitter, YouTube)
- Familiarity with email marketing tools and best practices
- Capacity to maintain multiple concurrent projects in a fast, fluid environment
- Ability to maintain positive and professional attitude especially in high-stress situations
- Power to build positive, professional relationships with internal and external customers and constituents
- Capability to manage external communications contractors (photographers, writers, etc.)
- Industry knowledge of cycling is required
- Previous work with a National Governing Body is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, communication, marketing or related field required.
- Three to five years of experience in sports communications, journalism or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated experience creating and supervising the creation of written and/or digital content.
- Proven success at crafting and distributing integrated content across web, social media and email.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) content tools (Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, AP StyleGuard, etc.); CRM (MailChimp); and analytics tools (IQ Media, Google Analytics, etc.)
- 20-40%, including weekends
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position located in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package, an exciting work environment and inclusive culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Why are you interested in USA Cycling?
Do you require relocation assistance?
Do you have a minimum of three to five years of experience in sports communications, journalism or equivalent?